12th Asian Geothermal Symposium, Daejeon, South Korea – 9-12 Nov. 2018
The 12th Asian Geothermal Symposium will be held in Daejeon, South Korea 9-12 November 2018 and includes a field trip, as well as a IEA-GIA workshop on geothermal direct use.
The 12th Asian Geothermal Symposium will be held in Daejeon, South Korea November 9-12, 2018.
Under the theme “technology for geothermal energy use in harmony with society”, the purpose of this international symposium is to encourage technical information exchange to promote geothermal energy use in Asian region. This symposium is open to anyone who are interested in technology related to geothermal energy use.
AGS12 covers topics of geoscientific (geology, geochemistry and geophysics), geotechnical (exploration, reservoir management and power plant operation), legal, socio-economical and environmental aspects of geothermal energy use, such as geothermal power generation and direct use including EGS technologies and ground source heat pump.
- Friday, 9 November – IEA GIA Workshop on “Geothermal Direct Use for a Green Economy” – Details (pdf)
- Saturday, 10 November – Field trip to a geothermal site
- Sunday to Monday, 11-12 November – AGS12 Sessions
Admission free, but pre-registration needed. (Pre-registration will be closed on 30 September 2018.) REGISTER NOW!
Submission of Papers – PAPER SUBMISSION PAGE
Papers & reports of the past AGS symposia: Click here
The event is organised by:
- Renewable Energy Research Center (RENRC) and Institute for Geo-Resources and Environment (GREEN), National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan, and
- Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM), Korea.
Source: National Institute AIST (South Korea)