2020 Stanford Geothermal Workshop – Abstract deadline Oct. 15, 2019
Deadline for the submission of abstracts for the 2020 Stanford Geothermal Workshop is October 15, 2019.
The 45th Stanford Geothermal Workshop will take place 10-12 February 2020 and has announced that the Abstract Submission is OPEN until October 15, 2019
Abstract submission opened June 30 2019. Click here for authors access to paper submission etc.. Abstract submission will close on Tuesday 15 October 2019.
Registration is now OPEN
Program will update as we construct the program as papers are submitted.
The goals of the conference are to bring together engineers, scientists and managers involved in geothermal reservoir studies and developments; provide a forum for the exchange of ideas on the exploration, development and use of geothermal resources; and to enable prompt and open reporting of progress. We strongly encourage all scientists and engineers involved in geothermal reservoir technology to attend the workshop.
Papers will be presented on recent research relating to geothermal reservoirs including:
- Case Studies: reservoir response to production, effects of injection, scaling characteristics
- Enhanced Geothermal Systems (EGS): current and future activities
- Engineering Techniques: reservoir simulation, empirical methods, well tests, tracers
- Field Management: strategies for exploitation, injection, scale inhibition
- Exploration: geophysics, geochemistry, geology, heat flow studies, outflows
- Drilling and Well Bore Flows: well stimulation, bore flow modeling, hydro-fracturing, scaling
- Low Enthalpy Systems: applications of heat pumps, hot dry rock technology
- Geosciences: application of geophysics, geochemistry, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics.
Papers accepted for presentation and/or publication are produced on a standard template that we supply. The papers will be available as a Proceedings CD at the Workshop and subsequently published in the online collection.
Source: Stanford Geothermal Workshop