7th African Rift Geothermal Conference (ARGeo), Kigali, Rwanda – Oct. 31-Nov 2, 2018
The first issue and call for abstracts has been published for the 7th African Rift Geothermal Conference (ARGeo-C7) to be held in Kigali/ Rwanda, October 31 - November 2, 2018.
The first announcement and call for papers has been issued for the Seventh African Rift Geothermal Conference (ARGeo-C7) to take place in Kigali/ Rwanda, October 31 – November 2, 2018.
The event will be hosted by the Government of the Republic of Rwanda in partnership with UN Environment, Ministry for Foreign Affairs Iceland, Directorate for International Development Cooperation (MFA-ICEIDA), The Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources (BGR), Geothermal Training Programme of the United Nations University (UNU-GTP), African Union Commission (AUC) and the African Regional Branch (ARB) of the International Geothermal Association (IGA).
The conference will be held at the Kigali Convention Center in Kigali, Rwanda from 29 October – 4 November 2018. The Conference consists of:
- The Short Course: 29-30 October 2018
- The Main Conference: 31 October – 02 November 2018
- The Field Trip: 03-04 November 2018
Conference papers should cover the following topics:
- Policies for accelerating the scaling-up of the geothermal industry in African Rift countries
- Financing geothermal projects ? Environmental, health, safety & social factors in geothermal development.
- Case studies – any aspect of geothermal development
- Exploration methods- geology, geochemistry, geochemistry, geophysics, heat flow.
- Drilling technology
- Reservoir Engineering
- New geothermal technologies, research papers and innovations
- Geothermal power-plants and Direct Use application
- Student papers – to include all aspects for geothermal exploration.
- Renewable Energy Mix (Hybrid power generation )
Conference Flyer (pdf)
The Kigali Convention Centre is located in Kigali City, Capital of Rwanda and largest City in the Country.
The Centre has four major components (a) a 5-star hotel, Radisson Blu Hotel Kigali, with 292 rooms on six floors (b) a conference center with seating capacity of 2,600 (c) Kigali Information Technology Park, with 32,200 square meters (346,598 sq. ft.) of rentable office and retail space and (d) a museum on the bottom floor of the IT office park.
Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL), a subsidiary Company of Rwanda Energy Group Limited (REG)
UN Environment -ARGEO
Tel: +254 20 762 5634/ +254 702 396 418