8-week Geothermal exploration course, 18-25 July 2016 at CNE, El Salvador
CNE in El Salvador announces 8-week Geothermal Exploration course to take place 18-25 July 2016.
CNE in El Salvador has announced its 2016 course for geothermal exploration.
It aims to provide an academic training, scientific, laboratory tests in the field of geothermal exploration that allows participants to create and / or strengthen their knowledge in the area, creating the starting point for greater specialization
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Time to invest: 12-15 hours per week.
- Location: Educational Platform Inter American Development Bank (IDB)
- Language: Spanish (English Proficiency Intermediate Required)
- The course will have two editions for this 2016, which initiated the 18 and July 25 of respectively for which will be provided a total of 80 scholarships .
After completing the course the participant may apply general knowledge of geothermal exploration through the following activities:
- Identify the role played geology geothermal exploration and research techniques used made.
- Present the main elements of a conceptual geological model and the contributions that geology provides for processing.
- Description of the techniques used in the geochemical exploration, classification of fluids from their chemical composition.
- You can also learn the methodology and tools used during analysis of geochemical data.
- Apply the geochemical information necessary in developing the conceptual geochemical model and then integrate the general conceptual model of the geothermal field.
- Understand the importance of each geophysical method in finding geothermal resources and describe applications of the different methods depending on the stage of the study and the geological environment to explore.
- Familiarize yourself with the different physical properties of rocks related to each of the geophysical methods.
- Being on the availability of interpreting the results of a geophysical survey to identify the resource.
- Make use of the integrated results of geoscientific methods (geology, geochemistry and geophysics) to understand the reason for the decision-making related to the exploration, development and exploitation of the geothermal resource.
More details about the course, necessary registration requirements and more, use link below.