ADB – Renewable Energy Deal of Year Award for Rantau Dedap geothermal project
The Asian Development Bank has received the Renewable Energy Deal of the Year for the $540 million financing of the Rantau Dedap geothermal power project in Indonesia.
The Asian Development Bank has won the Renewable Energy Deal of the Year Award for geothermal in Indonesia.
The bank received the award for the Supreme Energy Rantau Dedap geothermal power project and its US$540 million financing.
- Sponsors of the deal: Marubeni Corporation, Engie SA, Supreme Energy, Tohoku Electric Power Company
- Mandated lead arrangers: Mizuho Bank, MUFG, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Multilateral financing: Asian Development Bank, ADB Clean Technology Fund
- ECAs: Japan Bank for International Cooperation, Nippon Export and Investment Insurance
- Legal advisers:Latham & Watkins, Milbank, Loyens & Loeff NV
This project adopts the Perusahaan Listrik Negara’s power purchase agreement (PPA) for new generation geothermal independent power producer (IPP) projects.
Source: The Asset