Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue – Geothermal Workshop, April 20, 2018
Within the frame program of the upcoming Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue 2018 event in Berlin, Germany, the German Geothermal Association (BVG) and the German Heat Pump Association (BWP) invite to a joint workshop. Date: April 20, 2018
Within the frame program of the upcoming Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue 2018 event in Berlin, Germany, the German Geothermal Association (BVG) and the German Heat Pump Association (BWP) invite to a joint workshop.
- Workshop:Geothermal Energy: Power Generation, Heating and Cooling
- Date: 20 April Friday, 10.00-13.00 hrs
- Location: Landesvertretung Sachsen-Anhalt, Luisenstraße 18, 10117 Berlin
Geothermal energy is available everywhere and can be used in many ways. Geothermal energy is used for the heating and cooling of residential and commercial buildings. In certain regions, geothermal energy can also be used to generate electricity. For many centuries, geothermal energy has also been used to run thermal spas around the world. The workshop will discuss the various uses and associated conditions.
The workshop will provide information on geothermal power solutions, geothermal heating and cooling of buildings.
- Welcome: Dr. Andre Deinhardt, Director BVG & Dr. Martin Sable Director BWP
- Introduction geothermal technologies, Dr. Claus Heske, International Geothermal Office
- Geothermal Power Solutions in Uganda, Dr. Horst Kreuter, GeoThermal Engineering Gmbh
- Geothermal District Heating in Munich, Dr. Achim Schubert, ERDWERK GmbH
- Cold Heat for Districts: Efficient Solutions with Geothermal Heat Pumps, Dr. Dietrich Schmidt, Fraunhofer Institute
- Best Practice examples of shallow geothermal energy systems, Ruediger Grimm, GeoENERGIE Konzept GmbH
Source: Energiewende 2018