Call for EOI – Consultancy on Geothermal Sector Capacity Building/ World Bank, Ethiopia
The World Bank has issued a call for Expressions of Interest for Consultancy Services for Geothermal Sector Institutional Capacity Building Needs Assessment as part of the Ethiopia Geothermal Sector Development Project. Deadline is January 22, 2018
The World Bank has published a Request for Expression of Interest for Individual Consultancy Services, as part of the Ethiopia Geothermal Sector Development Project.
The program is funded under Loan No./Credit No. IDA 54680-ET.
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for Geothermal Sector Institutional Capacity Building Needs Assessment
Project ID No. P133613
Ref. No. EEP/PMO/EOI/01/2017
Deadline: January 22, 2018
(1) The ETHIOPIAN ELECTRIC POWER (EEP) has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of Ethiopia Geothermal Sector Development Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds towards eligible payments for the Consultancy services of Geothermal Sector Institutional Capacity Building Needs Assessment. The individual consultant will carry out the capacity building needs assessment of the geothermal sector particularly the Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Electricity, the Ethiopian Electric Power, the Ethiopian Energy Authority and the Geological Survey of Ethiopia.
(2) The consulting service includes assessment and appraisal of institutional setup, systems and procedures, manpower, resources and staff development. The duration of the service is six months. The major services include but not limited to;
- Evaluation of the new institutional arrangement for geothermal development proposed by the technical committee from EEP and Ministries and prepares draft organizational structure to be established under EEP;
- Review of systems and procedures;
- Review of available resources;
- Perform need assessment on capacity building geothermal development sector;
- Identify gaps;
- Recommend solutions;
- Recommend on local capacity requirements of man power, qualifications, to achieve the targets in geothermal development under the public sector ;
- Assess and recommend local capacity building training needs to create awareness of high-level stakeholders in making decisions and on the implementing organizations specific trainings from planning stage to implementation. The recommendations need to be integrated with the new structures and identify the skills on recommended software’s, tools and equipment’s too;
- On the bases of identification of skill gap not available locally, provide recommendation on how to fill the gaps through external sources in the interim period including drafting of TOR and evaluation criteria for hiring;
- Identify immediate training and software needs to support ongoing geothermal projects;
- Based on the draft organizational structure and capacity building training need assessment, the individual consultant shall prepare TOR and give assistance for contracting a Consulting Firm that will :
- undertake the proposed capacity building through trainings;
- develop a final geothermal institutional structures under EEP that will help facilitate and accelerate geothermal exploration, drilling and development of Ethiopia’s vast geothermal potential
(3) The Ethiopian Electric Power now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information including their CVs demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The individual consultants shall have a strong background and proven experience in the management of natural resource development agencies or companies, staffing requirements and the development of short as well as long term plans and budgets for exploration and drilling geothermal resource sites and development and implementation of well field infrastructure plans. Interested individual consultants should also provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services. The short-listing criteria are:
The individual consultant shall:
- Have at least Master (MA/MSc) degree or equivalent or an advanced degree in the following fields of study or relevant discipline: Engineering, Management, Law, instructional and human resource development with at least 15 years of professional experience, 10 years of direct relevant experience in capacity building activities and a minimum of 5 years of direct relevant experience in the management of geothermal activities
- Have experience in capacity building needs assessment including the preparation of institutional setup of natural resource and energy sector development;
- Be familiar with preparation and implementation of staff development activities in geothermal power related sectors;
- Have experience as senior expert in managing the exploration and drilling geothermal resource sites and development and implementation of well field infrastructure plans;
- Have past experience and expertise in providing at least three similar consulting services.
(4) Only the experience and qualifications of individuals will be used in the selection process.
(5) The selection shall be carried out through the comparison of the relevant overall capacity of the qualified candidates among those who have expressed interest in the assignment. Individuals shall be fully capable of carrying out the assignment indicated in the Term of Reference (TOR).
(6) The attention of interested individual Consultants is drawn to Paragraph 1.9 and Section V of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011 revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from Monday to Friday, 8:30AM to 5:00PM local time. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person or by mail or by e-mail until 22 January 2017, 4:00PM local time.
The proposals are to be sent to
Ato Tesfaye Tamirat,Director, Procurement, Logistics and Warehouse Office
Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP)
Located Around AAU, College of Commerce
Behind Awash International Bank Head Quarter
Meba Building, Ground Floor, Room Number 01/02, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Source: information sent by email, World Bank DevBusiness