CanGEA Geothermal Conference, Calgary, March 26-28, 2014
The Canadian Geothermal Energy Association (CanGEA) invites to its Geothermal Conference 2014 to take place March 26-28, 2014 in Calgary, Alberta. The event will feature two workshops prior and after the main conference.
The Canadian Geothermal Energy Association (CanGEA) announces CanGEA Geothermal Conference to take place March 26-28, 2014 in Calgary, Alberta in Canada.
The event will feature a pre-conference workshop.
The Geothermal Technology Roadmap and Implementation Plan Workshop will be held on Wednesday March 26th. The workshop will look into the needs of project developer and is an opportunity to identify best practices, technologies and required innovations for geothermal project developers. This session will be professionally facilitated and documented for further action in the Implementation Plan. It is a by-invitation only workshop.
The conference will feature an opening reception with guest speakers the night before the event.
On the full Conference day March 27, the agenda includes the following items:
- AB & BC Favourability Maps Overview and Resource Assessments
- GeoPowering Pipelines
- Natural Resources Canada: Government Update
- Project Updates from Canadian Developers
- First Nations Partnerships Equity
- Industry Supply Chain Presentations
- Canadian Policy Updates from the CanGEA team
- Direct Use Geothermal and Community Engagement with special guest speaker Dr. John Lund
- Closing Conference Reception with Guest Speakers
On Friday, March 28th, the Geothermal Technology Roadmap and Implementation Plan Workshop on Direct Use of Geothermal Heat will take place, led by Dr. John Lund. The workshop has limited seating available.
Traveling from outside of Canada? CanGEA can cover up to 50% of your travel costs! For questions, contact Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: the author is a board member of CanGEA