Consortium wins tender on 110 MW Simbolon Samosir geothermal project, North Sumatra
A consortium of Optima Nusantara Energi and Ormat has passed the first phase of a tender to develop the 110 MW geothermal project at Simbolon Samosir in North Sumatra.
The Ministry for Energy and Mineral Resources in Indonesia today revealed that a consortium of Optima Nusantara Energi and Ormat has passed the first phase of the tender process to develop the Simbolon Samosir Geothermal Working Area (WK).
The geothermal working area is stretching over five regencies in the province of North Sumatra, Samosir, North Tapanuli, Humbang Hasundutan and Dairi.
The tender process for the working area was kicked off in early November 2016. With a score of 94.79 for its financial position and 93.4 for the technical aspects to develop a geothermal project on site, the consortium has completed all requirements. The second phase of the tender process will now proceed.
Key facts on the Simbolon Samosir Geothermal Working Area:
- WK Name: Simbolon Samosir
- Location : Samosir, North Tapanuli, Humbang Hasundutan and Dairi, North Sumatera province
- Estimated reserves : 150 MW
- Area of the WK : 168,800 hectares
- Estimated reservoir temperature 240 degree (geothermometer)
- Planned capacity of the power plant: 110 MW
- Scheme: Total project
- Highest reference price: $0.155/kWh), Energy Ministry ministerial decree no. 17, 2014.
- Commercial Operation Date (COD) target : 2024.
- Tender number: 01/10.10/WKP-10/KESDM/2016