Event reminder: GEOLAC will take place Nov. 18-19 in Nicaragua
The leading geothermal event for the LAC region, GEOLAC 2015 will take place at the InterContinental Managua from November 18-19.
A quick reminder for all interested parties, since in less than a month, the LAC geothermal market will convene in Nicaragua for the 2015 Geothermal Congress for Latin America & the Caribbean (GEOLAC 2015)
Co-hosted by The World Bank Group, GEOLAC 2015 will take place at the InterContinental Managua from November 18-19. For more information on GEOLAC, to view the conference agenda, and to register please visit http://newenergyevents.com/geolac.
In a market of outsize potential, the development of the region’s geothermal resource rests in the hands of a critical constituency of national government officials, multilateral development partners, and a handful of private sector developers. The majority of those stakeholders are, at this stage, confirmed to participate in GEOLAC 2015.
Country participation at GEOLAC is led by the governments of Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nevis, Nicaragua St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Vincent & Grenadines.
The multilaterals are also out in force, led by participation from The World Bank Group, the Inter-American Development Bank, CAF and CABEI. No less well represented is the private sector, represented by leading global firms such as U.S. Geothermal, Grupo Dragon, Reykjavik Geothermal, and Polaris Infrastructure.
On a world-class agenda, confirmed speakers include:
– Silvia Alvarado, Director, National Commission of Electric Energy – Guatemala
– Michelle Alejandra Ramirez Bueno, Director of Geothermal, Ministry of Energy (SENER) – Mexico
– Rene Soto, Director General of Energy, Secretariat of Energy, Natural Resources, Environment, and Mines – Honduras
– Jose Estevez, Commercial Director, Grupo CEL; Advisor to President – El Salvador
– Miguel Ángel Hernández Alfaro, Coordinator of Financial Management, Business Engineering and Construction, ICE
– Hon Ian “Patches” Liburd, Minister, Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Post, Urban Development and Transport – St. Kitts and Nevis
– Luis A. Merida, General Manager, U.S. Geothermal – Guatemala
– Migara Jayawardena, Senior Energy Specialist, The World Bank
– Marc Murnaghan, CEO, Polaris Infrastructure Inc.
– Jens Wirth, Senior Project Manager, KfW
– Mauricio Garron, Director of Strategy and Energy Studies, CAF
– Ellsworth Dacon, Director of Energy Unit, Ministry of National Security, Air & Seaport Development – St. Vincent and the Grenadines
– Sylvester Clauzel, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Sustainable Development and Energy – St. Lucia
– Chris McCormick, Director of Strategy and Project Finance, Reykjavik Geothermal
Join us at the LAC geothermal event of the year!