First GRC Geothermal O&M Workshop a Rousing Success
In conjunction with the GRC Annual Meeting, GRC held the first Operations & Maintenance Workshop ahead of the events. With fantastic feedback by participants, it will likely see a continuation.
As part of the GRC Annual Meeting, the first O&M Best Practices Workshop was held on October 23 just before the meeting and the GEA GeoExpo started.
The Workshop brought together a diverse international group of geothermal operations and maintenance practitioners representing 12 countries and 23 organizations. The day long workshop included presentations and informal breakout sessions which allowed attendees to focus on particular topics of interest.
The attendees came from facilities with dry steam, flashed steam, and binary geothermal conversion systems, and experience levels ranging from decades to those seeking to learn a different aspect of the geothermal industry.
The workshop format was structured not as a series of lectures, but as a forum where participants could share ideas and network with colleagues with common problems. Attendees rated the first O&M workshop a rousing success with a lot of enthusiasm for future geothermal O&M workshops and a long list of topics to explore.
For more info or to discuss ideas for next year’s workshop contact Dan or Kevin: https://geothermal.org/Annual_Meeting/workshops.html#OandM
Here you can find the actual presentations for the workshop shared by GRC:
- Geothermal Plant Life Extension – Rehabilitation and Sustainability of the Mak-Ban & Tiwi Geothermal Plants – Kevin R. Beavers, Senior VP-Operations Domingo Beraquit, Geothermal Resource Manager Aboitiz Power Renewables, Inc.
- The Geysers – Steam Purity & Steam Scrubbing Process Evolution & Innovations – John Farison Director, Process Engineering
- Enable Employees to Soar – be a Leader!
- Reservoir Monitoring & Management – Jill Haizlip, Geologica Geothermal Group
- Monitoring, Reporting, and Forecasting Fuel Supply and Plant Performance – Hudson Ranch Energy Sevices
- Holding Manufacturers Accountable with Plant Data – Mark Dragoo, O&M Site Manager, U.S. Geothermal San Emidio Project
- Operation & Maintenance Cost Drivers – Dr. Dan Hoyer
- Safety Management in the Power Plant – Monte C. Morrisson
The article was sent in by Dan Hoyer of Veizades