GEA’s International Geothermal Forum, March 7, 2017 – Washington, DC
The U.S. Geothermal Energy Association is holding an International Geothermal Forum on March 7, 2017 in Washington DC providing in-depth discussion and insight into the future of the geothermal market in the US and abroad.
As a spin-off of its traditional U.S. & International Showcase, the U.S. Geothermal Energy Association is holding an International Geothermal Forum on March 7, 2017.
The event will take place 10am to 4pm with the U.S. Energy Association in the Ronald Reagan & International Trade Center
For one day, the Forum will gather roughly fifty (50) top energy, finance, policy, government, ministry, and engineering experts to provide in-depth discussion and insight into the future of the geothermal market in the US and abroad.
Topics To Discuss Include:
- Addressing GHG emissions in geothermal power plants
- GDF LAC updates
- Geothermal Developments in the US and around the globe (regional focus)
- IRENA and GGA
- Geothermal Risk Mitigation in Mexico
- Co-production from oil/gas wells
- …And more!
Important Note: Occupancy for this event is limited to 70 participants. Please reserve your seat ASAP to secure a spot.
You must register online to attend. No on-site registration will take place.
Registration Link: https://www.gifttool.com/registrar/ShowEventDetails?ID=1872&EID=23494.
*Pre-Registration Required, $25 for GEA Members/ $75 for Non-Members
Confirmed Speakers To-Date Include:
- Ann Robertson-Tait, Business Development Manager & Senior Geologist, GeothermEx
- Josh Nordquist, Director of Business Development, Ormat Technologies, Inc.
- Mike Long, Senior Project Manager, POWER Engineers, Inc.
- Tim Williamson, Deputy Director- Alternative and Renewable Energy, US Department of State
- Thrainn Fridriksson, Geothermal Energy Specialist, World Bank- ESMAP
- Warren Dewhurst, Managing Member, Dewhurst Group LLC and GDF Fund Manager
- Will Gosnold, Chester Fritz Distinguished Professor, Harold Hamm School of Geology and Geological Engineering
- Maria Richards, SMU Geothermal Lab Coordinator, Roy M. Huffington Dept. Of Earth Sciences
- Magnus Gehringer, CEO, Consent Energy LLC
- Marc Murnaghan, CEO, Polaris Infrastructure
- Enrique Nieto, Financial Markets Lead Specialist, Inter-American Development Bank
- Karl Gawell, Executive Director, Geothermal Energy Association (GEA)
- Andrew Palmateer, Program Director, United States Energy Association- East Africa Geothermal Partnership (USEA-EAGP)
- Cora Dickson, Senior International Trade Specialist, US Department of Commerce
- TBA, US Department of Energy- Geothermal Technologies Office
Event details via GEA.