Geothermal Congress for Latin America & Caribbean, Mexico City, 25-26 April 2017
GEOLAC, the largest annual gathering of the Latin America and Caribbean Geothermal market will take place this year in Mexico City, Mexico April 25-26, 2017. Co-hosted with The World Bank, it promises to be yet another great event for a growing geothermal market.
The Geothermal Congress for Latin America & Caribbean (GEOLAC) will take place again this year from April 25th to 26th, 2017 in Mexico City.
Co-hosted by The World Bank, it represents the largest annual gathering of the Latin American and Caribbean geothermal market.
GEOLAC 2017 will explore prospects for regional geothermal development in an era of historically low renewable costs. Are governments valuing geothermal appropriately given its ability to deliver firm capacity? How do developers view the regional markets vs. geothermal markets world-wide? Which markets and which projects are making and breaking ground?
ThinkGeoEnergy and its Spanish-language service PiensaGeotermia is cooperating with the organisers of this fine event and will report from it
Confirmed speakers for GEOLAC 2017 include:
- Leonardo Beltrán, Deputy Secretary for Planning and Energy Transition, Mexico
- Michelle Alejandra Ramirez Bueno, Director of Geothermal, ?Secretaría de Energía (SENER), Mexico
- Magaly Flores Armenta, Director of Geothermal, Comisión Federal de Electricidad (CFE)
- Antonio Barbalho, Practice Manager, Energy & Extractives Global Practice, Latin America & Caribbean, The World Bank
- Pierre Audinet, Senior Energy Economist, ESMAP at The World Bank
- Gerardo Hiriart, Director General, Grupo ENAL
- Marco Antonio Escobar, Director, Laguna Colorada Geothermal Project, Bolivia
- Keven Wallace, Senior Project Manager, Power Engineers
- Stephen Morel, Director of Structured Finance, OPIC
- Chris McCormick, Director of Strategy & Project Finance, Reykjavik Geothermal
- Ellsworth Dacon, Director of Energy, St. Vincent & Grenadines
- Shabtay Mizrahi, Executive Director, Business Development, Ormat
- Guido Cappetti, General Manager, ENEL Green Power
GEOLAC 2017 will also feature a complimentary half day workshop on the Geothermal Development Facility for Latin America (GDF), the new EUR 50m fund to support early development risk in geothermal projects. The workshop will provide attendees with opportunities to explore and coordinate on existing and planned programs utilizing GDF funds.
- For speaking opportunities: Kerry de Viet – email@example.com
- For sponsorship opportunities: Jennifer Lavenhar – firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about the event, explore last year’s delegate list, review the latest agenda – and to register – please visit www.newenergyevents.com/geolac.