Geothermal projects for power and heating in the UK – an overview
This is a short overview of six geothermal projects in the UK being developed for heat and power generation.
A nice overview on geothermal projects in the United Kingdom has been published in the country.
- The Southampton District Energy Scheme, Harbour Parade, Southampton, Hampshire SO15 1BA – Currently out of service awaiting a replacement pump.
- Geothermal Engineering Ltd. Unit 3, United Downs Industrial Park, St Day, Redruth, Cornwall TR16 5HY – Cornwall Council Planning
- The Eden Project, Bodelva Road, Bodelva, Par, Cornwall PL24 2SG – Cornwall Council Planning
- Rosemanowas Quarry, Herniss Lane, Herniss, Cornwall TR10 9DU – Cornwall Council Planning
- Penzance Jubilee Pool, Battery Road, Penzance, Cornwall TR18 4UU – Cornwall Council Planning
- Newcastle Institute for Research on Sustainability, Former Tyne Brewery Site, Gallowgate, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4SG – Newcastle City Council Planning
- Weardale Renewable Energy Village, Weardale Works and Quarry, Eastgate, Bishop Auckland, County Durham DL13 2AA – Durham County Council Planning
The website contains also a map of the location of the projects, of which two are located in the North of England, and four in the Southwestern Corner of England.