Geothermal Well Drilling Course, Cepu, Indonesia – 28-30 March 2017
Funded through NZ Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, the University of Auckland's Geothermal Institute is holding a Geothermal Well Drilling course in Cepu, Indonesia 28-30 March 2017.
Through the NZ Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s Aid Program, the University of Auckland’s Geothermal Institute will be holding a Geothermal Well Drilling Course in Cepu, Indonesia 28-30 March 2017.
Geothermal well drilling course deal for Indonesian geothermal drilling engineers wishing to upgrade their skills, and for oil and gas drilling engineers wishing to join the geothermal sector.
Location: PPSDM Migas, Cepu, Indonesia
This is a 3 day course which will be delivered at PPSDM Migas, Cepu, Indonesia. You will learn best practice along with the practical experience gained within the Indonesian geothermal landscape.
Who should apply?
This course is designed for drilling engineers in both the geothermal and oil and gas sector. This includes rig managers, company men, drilling superintendents, drilling crew supervisors and well testing engineers.
The course is delivered by The Geothermal Institute at the University of Auckland. Presenters on the course are from the Geothermal Institute along with expertise from the MB Century and Universitas Gadjah Mada. The presenters are experts and considered world-class authorities in geothermal well drilling.
Cost – This course is supported by the New Zealand Aid Programme.
You will receive a Certificate of Completion certified by the Geothermal Institute and PPSDM Migas.
What will be taught?
The course will draw on the NZ Code of Practice for Deep Geothermal Wells and will include:
- Introduction to geothermal energy exploration and utilisation for drilling personnel from the oil and gas sector
- General geothermal wells and drilling practice and comparison with oil and gas sector practices
- Well and casing design and engineering for exploration, production and re-injection wells
- Well planning, rig selection, consumables, tools and equipment
- Drilling work practices and environmental management
- Safety and well control, including a well control competency test module
- Drilling problems and case studies drawing on Indonesian challenges and best practice solutions
- Practical simulation exercises
- Social and environmental risk assessment and management
- Professional standards and conduct
How do I apply?
You will need to submit your application by 20 February 2017 to email@example.com. Your application must include:
- A copy of your CV
- A letter from your manager confirming your eligibility to attend
- A certificate of English language proficiency with a minimum IELTS score of 5.5
For further information please contact Andrea Ross.
Source: Rosalind Archer via LinkedIn