GRC announces winners of its annual GRC Geothermal Awards
The Geothermal Resources Council has announced the winners of its annual GRC Awards to be presented at the upcoming GRC Annual Meeting & GEA GeoExpo+ in Salt Lake City, October 1-4, 2017.
The Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) has announced awards honouring the best and brightest of the global geothermal energy community. These prestigious awards have been a highlight of the geothermal calendar since the late 1970’s.
The GRC will present the prestigious Aidlin, Pioneer, Henry J Ramey Jr., Ben Holt, and Special Achievement awards at the GRC Annual Meeting in Salt Lake City, Utah, October 1-4.
The recipients of these awards have a lifetime of achievement in the geothermal academic, scientific and commercial communities. The GRC Awards recognizes the contributions of these individuals to educational institutions and the geothermal community around the world.
This year’s award winners are:
- Joseph W. Aidlin Award: Joseph N. Moore – For an unflagging commitment to the GRC, and outstanding contributions to the geothermal community through his teaching and research.
- Geothermal Pioneer Award: James B. Koenig – For outstanding accomplishments in geothermal resources exploration, evaluation and development worldwide.
- Henry J. Ramey Jr. Award: Sabodh K. Garg – In recognition for outstanding contributions to reservoir and well data interpretation, and to modelling geothermal system behaviour.
- Ben Holt Award: Kevin Kitz, P.E. – For outstanding achievements in designing geothermal power plants, including innovative geothermal ORC power plants
- Geothermal Special Achievement Award: Dennis J. Gilles – For over 30 years of remarkable contributions to geothermal resources development and power plant operation.
- Geothermal Special Achievement Award: Elizabeth Johnson – In appreciation of her efforts to advance California geothermal energy development by working with local communities, government agencies, and developers for more than three decades as the Geothermal Officer for the Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources.
- Geothermal Special Achievement Award: Joseph “Skip” Matlick – In recognition for his 40 years of outstanding contributions to geothermal drilling and geology, and for being a mentor to many.
- Geothermal Special Achievement Award: Mack Kennedy – In recognition of remarkable contributions to the understanding of geothermal systems and selfless leadership in the geothermal research community.
- GRC Special Citation Award: Alfredo Mainieri Protti – For his lifelong pioneering work and enduring achievements in Costa Rica’s geothermal power development.
Source: Public release