Invitation for bids – drilling rig & services for Aluto geothermal project, Ethiopia
Ethiopian Electric Power has released an Invitation for Bids (IFB) for the Procurement of Drilling Rigs and its accessories, Rig Operation and Maintenance for Drilling Geothermal Wells at Aluto (Langano) in Ethiopia with deadline of May 11, 2018.
Ethiopian Electric Power has released an Invitation for Bids (IFB) for the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, for the Procurement of Drilling Rigs and its accessories, Rig Operation and Maintenance for Drilling Geothermal Wells at Aluto (Langano) in Ethiopia.
The bid is part of the Geothermal Sector Development Project (GDSP) under loan funding by the World Bank for Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP), Loan/Credit number IDA 54680 and Project ID number: P133613
Tender identification number: ET-EEP-24662-CW-RFB
- This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business; issue no: WB3045-06/14 of June 10, 2014.
- The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received a credit from the International Development Association/IDA/ toward the cost of Geothermal Sector Development Project/GSDP/, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract for procurement of Drilling Rigs and its accessories, Rig Operation and Maintenance for Drilling Geothermal Wells at Aluto as stated on paragraph 3 below with tender no. ET-EEP-24662-CW-RFB
- The Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP) now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for procurement of Drilling Rigs and its accessories, Rig Operation and Maintenance for Drilling Geothermal Wells at Aluto as stated below:
Phase I: Supply of Two Geothermal Drilling Rigs with all its Accessories, Heavy Machineries, Trucks & Vehicles, Drilling Consumable Materials and Bases Camps in accordance with the specifications stated in the bidding document. In addition, the bidder is required to provide Directional Geothermal Drilling Equipment from its own ownership or rental bases from rental sources which will be required for directional drilling activities.
Phase II: Drilling Service for 8 wells after delivering and using all the procured or supplied items in Phase I, in accordance with the specifications and work scope stated in the Bidding document. The bidder is also required to provide directional drilling services on identified wells. In addition, the bidder is expected to give full maintenance services for the Drilling Rigs and all other related equipment and machineries during the drilling operation and full refurbishment of the rigs and all other related equipment at the end of the Contract and handover to the Purchaser/Employer the rigs and all other related equipment in fully operational condition. The Directional Equipment will remain the property of the Supplier/Contractor.
- Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, dated January 2011 and revised July 201 to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Ethiopian Electric Power
- Kirkos Kifle Ketema Woreda 07 House ? 944/045, Meba building, P.O.Box 15881
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Attn.: Mr. Tesfaye Tamirat – Director, Procurement, Logistics and Warehousing
- Procurement office, Ground Floor, Room No.-01
- Tel.: +251-115-580597
- Fax: +251-115-529781
- Email: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address above from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM from Monday to Friday during official working hours starting from March 13, 2018.
- The detailed qualification and evaluation criteria are specified in the bidding document.
- A complete set of Bidding Document may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address mentioned above under item 5 and upon payment of a non-refundable fee ETB 3,000 or USD110 or in its equivalent in any freely convertible currency from the Ethiopian Electric Power, Procurement office. The method of payment shall be in cash or cashier’s check or through telegraphic transfer to EEP Main A/C No.: 1000068726372,Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (CBE), Arada Ghiorgis Branch, Swift Code: CBETETAA; and EEP BUMBUNA HPP A/C No.0101181300051, National Bank of Ethiopia (NBE), Swift Code: NBETETAA, for ETB and USD respectively starting from 13 March 2018.
- The bidding document may also be sent by courier to interested applicants if the courier is arranged and cost of courier is paid by the applicant.
- Bids must be delivered to the address stated under item 5 above on or before May 11, 2018, 2:00 PM. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person. Bids will be opened at the address below on May 11, 2018, at 2:30 PM.
All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of US$ 600,000 or its equivalent in any freely convertible currency.
Source: Release by EEP (pdf)
Disclaimer: we take no responsibility for the correctness of above information for questions and details connect with EEP via the contract provided above.