Job: Executive Director of U.S.-based Geothermal Resources Council
The Geothermal Resources Council based out of Davis in California and newly merged with the Geothermal Energy Association is seeking to fill the position of Executive Director of the organisation.
The Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) has announced seeking to fill the position of the organization’s Executive Director.
The Geothermal Resources Council (GRC) is a non-profit corporation comprised of over 1,500 members from around the world. It was established primarily to advance geothermal development through education, outreach and dissemination of research.
GRC is recruiting to fill the vacant Executive Director role. The successful applicant must be an experienced, confident, team-oriented leader who performs the following functions:
- Successfully manage team and budget, solving complex problems in additions to day-to-day issues;
- Supervise communication media (e.g. public reports, annual documents, newsletters, website, news and library) and public relations of the International Knowledge- and technology Platform;
- Obtain government and other grants or funding;
- Develop network of geothermal contacts and grow membership and member involvement;
- Demonstrate strong oral and written English communication skills by writing with ease, clarity and impact and speaking formally or informally to customers and the public, using language to influence others, is responsible for all public information provided;
- Listen effectively and identify opportunities and solutions focused on key issues;
- Exercise strong organizational skills with high level of initiative and ability to effectively interface, collaborate, and partner with stakeholders to achieve organizational vision and mission;
- Use sound judgment in decision making by focusing on key issues, evaluating situation, balancing priorities and considering reasonable alternatives when making important decisions;
- Think strategically by anticipating and preparing for future events and outcomes and considering the potential effect of future events on current plans;
- Work collaboratively and diplomatically with others to seek the best results; and
- Be committed to achieve goals and objectives with quality products and services
This position is an exempt, professional management job with a flexible, 40-hr work week. The successful applicant will receive a 1-3 year contract with annual performance reviews.
Employment is on an “at-will” basis. The incumbent reports to the Board of Directors through the President of the Board. Initial salary is commensurate with experience, knowledge, and education. Compensation shall be reviewed annually by a committee of the Board and shall be based on performance as determined by exceeding mutually agreed to metrics.
All applicants must be U.S. citizens or eligible to work in the U.S. If the applicant is a current GEA or GRC Board member, their Board participation will be suspended during the selection process.
The starting location for this position is Davis, California. Relocation assistance to Davis will be considered.
The successful applicant must be legally eligible to work in US, fluent in English speaking and writing and have basic computer skill including familiarity with budget software. Domestic and international travel will be required.
BA/BS from an accredited college or university required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Ten (10) or more years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience in an energy related agency, industry, academic, geothermal (preferred), as it relates to the responsibilities and essential functions for this position. Please see Executive Director Job Description.
- Combination of domestic U.S. and international work experience
- Consultancy experience with government agencies
- Prior experience reporting to Board preferred
- Geothermal, other energy or extraction industries
- Business and/or organizational management Operation of non-profit organizations and public relations and advertising to support the non profit
- Budget preparation, management and monitoring
- Organization, operation and maintenance of data or publication archives.
- Evaluation, implementation and adaptation of evolving business technologies (e.g., leveraging social media for PR and communications, paperless conferences, virtual offices).
For the full Job description click here (via GRC website).
Please submit cover letter and resume and a cover letter no later than February 9, to:
Geothermal Resources Council,
Attn: Executive Director Search, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions contact Estela Smith at (530) 758-2360 ext. 102 or email email@example.com
Source: Release by GRC