Job: Geochemist with Mercury in Rotorua, New Zealand
Mercury is seeking to fill the position of a geochemist at its geothermal operations in Rotorua, New Zealand.
Geothermal power house Mercury in New Zealand is seeking to fill the position of a Geochemist at its operations in Rotorua, New Zealand.
Here the announcement: An exciting opportunity has become available for a geothermal Geochemist to work with the leading geothermal geoscience team in our Rotorua office. As a Geochemist you will plan and execute the Geochemical monitoring program and interpret geochemical data to assess reservoir processes. You will contribute to reservoir management plans in order to sustain the field performance of Mercury’s operating geothermal fields
Key accountabilities of this role are:
- Report on field monitoring, resource assessment, and management
- Identify key reservoir processes
- Plan and undertake geochemical surveys
- Undertake geochemical modelling where required
- Monitor and report on consent compliance as required
- Provide technical support to reservoir projects with significant financial impact
- Foster a dynamic team culture which is based on Mercury’s organisation values
The successful candidate will be passionate about geochemistry and geothermal energy. You will be a high performer, who is self-motivated, curious and a quick learner, who can successfully operate within a team environment. A tertiary qualification is required in earth sciences, chemistry or equivalent. Post graduate qualifications would be advantageous. Some travel to geothermal fields will be required, as such a valid driver’s licence is a requirement for this role.
We want people to join Mercury who embrace our Attitude – a combination of three powerful elements that work together:
- Commit and Own it: Take ownership from start to finish
- Share and Connect: Together we can create and deliver the unique and wonderful for our Customers
- Curious and Original: See the possibilities and bring them to life for our customers
Apply Now for this position, with a cover letter before the closing date of October 27, 2017 – 17:00 (NZ time)
Source and details of the job announcement via Mercury