Job: Geochemistry Manager, Geothermal with Mercury, Rotorua/ New Zealand
New Zealand-based Mercury energy company is seeking applications for the Job of Geochemistry Manager for its geothermal operations at Rotorua/ New Zealand.
New Zealand-based Mercury has announced a job opening for a Geochemistry Manager to fill a role that is responsible for the long-term performance of Mercury’s assets by providing geochemistry leadership through a team of talented scientists and technician. In this role you will report directly to the Geothermal Technical Resources Manager and will be based in our office in Rotorua.
- Provides leadership in engaging and developing talent so that we can build and maintain exceptional Geochemistry technical capabilities to manage our reservoir assets over the long-term;
- Exercises technical leadership over geothermal reservoir chemistry, reservoir processes and surface plant chemistry for Mercury and its joint venture partners for a sustainable uplift in business performance;
- Ensures that people (employees, contractors, public) are safe in their interaction with chemical materials and process risks are managed in accordance with process safety methodology;
- Owns and manages the data and record management systems for the Technical Resources Team.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate;
- Tertiary qualification in geochemistry, chemistry or chemical engineering is mandatory
- Previous Experience – A minimum of 5 years work experience in geochemistry and people leadership are essential
- Proven skills in critical thinking, problem solving and decision making using uncertain and limited data set in a high pressured, time critical and safety sensitive environment.
- Success in leading a team of technical experts, managing change and having the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple manner;
In working for Mercury you will join an IBM Best Workplace and become part of a diverse, professional and co-operative team environment where continual training and leadership development is encouraged. You will also have access to a number of great healthcare and insurance benefits as well as playing your part in an organisation committed to the sustainable management of our environmental resources.
If this all sounds like an exciting new opportunity for you, Apply now online to express your interest.
- Commit and Own it: Take ownership from start to finish
- Share and Connect: Together we can create and deliver the unique and wonderful for our Customers
- Curious and Original: See the possibilities and bring them to life for our customers
Applications close Monday, 14th October at 5pm.
- Reference: #20643
- Posted: 03 OCT 2019
- Closing: 14 OCT 2019 12:00
- Locations: Rotorua/ New Zealand
- Expertise: Geothermal
- Job Level(s): Management
- Work Type(s): permanent full-time
- More details (document): Geochemistry Manager PD Oct 19.docx