Job: (Geothermal) Geologist III, Calpine, The Geysers, California
Geothermal operator Calpine is seeking to fill the position of Geologist III for its geothermal operations at the Geysers in California.
Calpine in California has published a job opportunity.
- Requisition Number 19-0051
- Title Geologist III
- City Middletown
- State CA
- Job Family Power Operations
- Shift: Days
- Employee Type Regular
- Subject to DOT Regulations No
- Percent of Travel Required 25
- Relocation Provided Yes
- Location Geysers
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Acquires, analyzes, interprets, documents and presents field wide geochemical monitoring data for a geothermal field with over 400 active production and injection wells. Manages an annual field wide survey, injection tracer studies, and other applications. Establishes and maintains comprehensive, up-to-date knowledge of geo-scientific data relevant to Geysers field management. Applies geo-scientific knowledge to address operational problems such as corrosion, non-condensable gas handling, injection breakthrough, wellbore deformation, and geotechnical concerns. Identifies drilling targets and well remedial programs needed to support reservoir management priorities established by the group, and apply geo-scientific knowledge to help achieve drilling goals in a cost-effective manner. GIS knowledge preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge.
- Seasoned professional with advanced applied geothermal geology experience.
- Applies advanced skills contributing to knowledge areas within function, but not yet an expert in all.
- Makes recommendations on moderately complex issues regarding project components and tasks.
- May make recommendations on new processes, tools and services; supports and contributes to development of new products, services or techniques.
- Works on problems of diverse scope ranging from moderate to complex.
- Uses independent judgment requiring in-depth analysis of variable factors. Collaborates with senior professionals in selection of methods, techniques, and analytical approach.
- Little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Serves as project/technical lead on small to medium sized projects; may coordinate work of professionals, technicians and others outside of own department.
- This is the most senior skill level without moving to the management or specialist track.
- Resource integrator –builds professional networks and identifies and connects resources to achieve goals. Regularly contributes actionable ideas in brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Geology or Earth Science
- Knowledge of geothermal geology required.
- Seasoned professional; typically requires 5+ years experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.