Job: Geothermal Reservoir Engineer/ Modeller, Mercury, Rotorua/ NZ
Mercury in New Zealand has advertised a job opening for a Geothermal Reservoir Engineer/ Modeller at its office in Rotorua.
New Zealand geothermal company Mercury (former Mighty River Power) is seeking to fill the position of Geothermal Reservoir Engineer/ Modeller in Rotorua, New Zealand.
Here the official description by the company.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the leading geothermal geoscience team in our Rotorua office. As a Reservoir Engineer you will plan and execute the surveillance program, optimize fuel supply and injection performance, perform resource forecasting, and prepare and implement reservoir management plans. In addition, you will perform numerical modelling, geothermal field planning/evaluation, including field management to ensure long-term sustainable use.
Key accountabilities of this role are:
- Report on field monitoring, resource assessment, and management
- Propose and oversee well/reservoir surveillance program
- Develop, test, calibrate and review numerical models
- Characterise resource performance and behaviour using numerical modelling software (e.g.: wellbore/reservoir models, pressure transient analysis, etc.)
- Provide technical support to reservoir projects with significant financial impact
- Foster a dynamic team culture which is based on Mercury’s organisation values
For the successful candidate, numbers will come naturally to you. You will be a high performer, who is self-motivated, curious and a quick learner, who can successfully operate within a team environment. A tertiary qualification is required in engineering, applied mathematics, physics or equivalent. Post graduate qualifications would be advantageous, as would any skills in numerical or financial modelling and programming. ( Python would be a great advantage ) VBA, MatLab or C++. Some travel to geothermal fields will be required, as such a valid driver’s licence is a requirement for this role.
The successful candidate will ideally have 3+ years of experience in reservoir engineering, however we are willing to consider exceptional graduate-level candidates.
We want people to join Mercury who embrace our Attitude – a combination of three powerful elements that work together:
- Commit and Own it: Take ownership from start to finish
- Share and Connect: Together we can create and deliver the unique and wonderful for our Customers
- Curious and Original: See the possibilities and bring them to life for our customers
Apply Now for this position, with a cover letter before the closing date.