Job: Geothermal reservoir engineer with Mercury in Rotorua, NZ
Energy company Mercury (formerly Mighty River Power) is seeking to fill the position of Geothermal Reservoir Engineer in its Rotorua Office in New Zealand.
Power company Mercury (formerly Mighty River Power is seeking to fill the position of a Geothermal Reservoir Engineer to work with the leading geothermal geoscience team in the company’s Rotorua office. As a Reservoir Engineer you will plan and execute the surveillance program, optimise fuel supply and injection performance, perform resource forecasting, and prepare and implement reservoir management plans. In addition, you will perform geothermal field planning/evaluation, including field management to ensure long-term sustainable use.
Key accountabilities of this role are:
- Report on field monitoring, resource assessment, and management
- Propose and oversee well/reservoir surveillance program
- Characterise resource performance and behaviour using numerical modelling software (e.g.: wellbore/reservoir models, pressure transient analysis, etc.)
- Provide technical support to reservoir projects with significant financial impact
- Foster a dynamic team culture which is based on Mercury’s organisation values
For the successful candidate, numbers will come naturally to you. You will be a high performer, who is self-motivated, curious and a quick learner, who can successfully operate within a team environment. A tertiary qualification is required in engineering, applied mathematics, physics or equivalent. Post graduate qualifications would be advantageous, as would any skills in numerical or financial modelling and programming. ( Python would be a great advantage ) VBA, MatLab or C++.
The successful candidate will ideally have 3+ years of experience in reservoir engineering, however we are willing to consider exceptional graduate-level candidates.
Apply Now for this position, with a cover letter before the closing date: 5pm Friday, 2 December
- Refernece: 10606
- Posted: Nov. 17, 2016
- Closing: Dec. 5, 2016
- Location: Rotorua
- Expertise: Engineering, geothermal
- Job Level: Experienced
- Work type: permanent full time
- More details (document): Reservoir Engineer (pdf)