Job: Geothermal Reservoir Engineer with Mercury/ MRP in Rotorua, NZ
Mercury (Mighty River Power) is seeking to fill the position of a Geothermal Reservoir Engineer at its Rotorua office in New Zealand.
New Zealand energy company Mercury (formerly Mighty River Power) has published an exciting job opportunity for a geothermal Reservoir Engineer to work with the leading geothermal geoscience team in our Rotorua office.
Official details here below.
As a Reservoir Engineer you will plan and execute surveillance program, optimise fuel supply and injection performance, perform resource forecasting, and prepare and implement reservoir management plans. In addition, you will perform geothermal field planning/valuation, including field management to ensure long-term sustainable use.
Key accountabilities of this role are:
- Characterise resource performance and behaviour using numerical modelling software (e.g.: wellbore/reservoir models, pressure transient analysis, etc.)
- Report on field monitoring, resource assessment, and management
- Propose and oversee well/reservoir surveillance program
- Provide technical support to reservoir projects with significant financial impact
- Foster a dynamic team culture which is based on Mercury’s organisation values
The successful candidate will have at least 8 years of experience and strong analytical and research skills with the ability to work in a team environment. You will be someone who has an advanced understanding of geothermal well testing and geothermal reservoir management, with skills and experience in wellbore modelling and pressure transient analysis. Experience in reservoir modelling and skills in using commercially available modelling tools (e.g.: TOUGH2, PetraSim, etc.) would be advantageous. A Tertiary qualification in engineering, hydrology, or applied mathematics would be preferred. Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders is critical to this role.
Apply Now for this position, with a cover letter before the closing date 5pm Friday, 16 September 2016.
- Reference. #9983
- Posted. Sept. 5, 2016
- Closing. Sept. 16, 2016
- Location. Rotorua, New Zealand
- Expertise: Engineering, Geothermal
- Job Level: Experienced
- Work Type: Permanent, full time
Source: Mercury (Mighty River Power)