Job – Head of Communications, European Geothermal Energy Council, Brussels/ Belgium
The European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC) is seeking candidates for the full-time position of Head of Communications for its operations in Brussels, Belgium.
The European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC), voice of the geothermal sector in Europe, is seeking to fill the position of Head of Communications. EGEC is an international industry association with more than 120 members, representing 500 stakeholders from 22 different European countries. Geothermal is an essential renewable energy solution which helps tackle the climate crisis by providing safe, secure and reliable heat, cooling and electricity services.
EGEC is currently looking for a full time Head of communications, who is able to work starting from October or November 2019, for a long term contract.
The new Head of Communications will join our small but growing communications & marketing team and manage the Communications department.
- management of EGEC’s communications activities
- Lead and supervise the communications team
- Preparation and implementation of a Multi-annual communication & marketing plan
- Overseeing the production and dissemination/marketing of policy papers, marketing materials and project results.
- Organisation of events (booths at trade fairs, press conferences, workshops, large conferences)
- Be a contact point for media/communication enquiries
- Implementation of a long term social media strategy
- Support the managing and updating of websites, social media, newsletter, and mailing lists
- Managing, designing and editing publications
- General administrative tasks, assisting in the communication activities of European projects.
- At least 4/5 years of work experience in communications;
- Good knowledge of current EU affairs.
- Special interest in Renewable Energies.
- Fluent written and spoken English. Other languages are an asset.
- Background in communications, with relevant university degree or equivalent experience,
- Proven editorial skills;
- Experience of work in office environment.
- Highly Computer-proficient (MS Office suite), experience with websites (especially WordPress), social media, database management, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in preparing publications, videos, and other communications materials
- Flexible and proactive. Ability to multitask and attention to detail.
- Experience with organization of large events is a plus.
- An long term contract / full time basis;
- A competitive salary and benefits package;
- A challenging position in a motivated and European team;
- A wide portfolio of responsibilities and opportunities within a dynamic and green industry sector.
Closing date for applications: 6 October 2019
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV (in English) to: email@example.com
Please include your first and last name and the job title (EGEC Head of Communications) in the subject line.
Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.