Job: Plant Engineer III – Steam with Calpine, The Geysers, California
Calpine is seeking to fill the position of Plant Engineer III Steam at its operations at The Geysers in California.
Calpine in the U.S. is seeking to fill the position of Plant Engineer III – Steam at The Geysers to be located on Middletown, California.
Coordinates all engineering functions to assure the steamfield operates at maximum performance, reliability and profitability. Provides engineering support for steam gathering and water injection facilities; responsible for providing technical support for daily operations, field infrastructure improvements, process improvements, design, equipment acquisition, asset breakdown analysis, corrosion mitigation, and subsequent corrective actions. Develops and maintains field operating records and provides day-to-day technical support to steamfield operations and maintenance. Responsible for Management of Change program within the steamfield. Coordinates with counterparts on steamfield equipment standardization and modernization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical power generation or related field.
- Seasoned professional with advanced applied experience.
- Applies advanced skills contributing to knowledge areas within function, but not yet an expert in all.
- Makes recommendations on moderately complex issues regarding project components and tasks.
- May make recommendations on new processes, tools and services; supports and contributes to development of new products, services or techniques.
- Works on problems of diverse scope ranging from moderate to complex.
- Uses independent judgment requiring in-depth analysis of variable factors. Collaborates with senior professionals in selection of methods, techniques, and analytical approach.
- Little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Serves as project/technical lead on small to medium sized projects; may coordinate work of professionals, technicians and others outside of own department.
- Resource integrator –builds professional networks and identifies and connects resources to achieve goals. Regularly contributes actionable ideas in brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Seasoned professional; typically requires 5+ years’ experience
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.