Job: Postdoc/ research associate – Dep’t of Geothermal Science & Technology, TU Darmstadt
The Department of Geothermal Science and Technology at the Technical University of Darmstadt in Germany, Institute of Applied Geosciences (Prof. Dr. Ingo Sass) has announced an open position for a Postdoc / Research associate.
The Department of Geothermal Science and Technology at the Technical University of Darmstadt in Germany, Institute of Applied Geosciences (Prof. Dr. Ingo Sass) has announced an open position for a Postdoc / Research associate (m/f/d).
Initially limited for 2 years, which can be extended if acquisition of additional funding is successful.
We are looking for highly motivated candidates with strong interest in one or more of the following or related areas:
- 2D and 3D numerical modelling of Thermo-Hydraulic-Mechanic-Chemical processes
- Laboratory investigations and modelling of fluid-rock-interactions
- Willingness to enhance their knowledge of numerical techniques (COMSOL Multiphysics, OpenGeoSys, etc.) as well as programming (C++, MATLAB, etc.) of special software add-ons
- Presentation of results at project meetings and scientific conferences
- Publication of research results in peer-reviewed scientific journals
Skills and qualifications:
- Dissertation or PhD (Dipl. Univ./Master) in Geosciences or related fields
- Significant references in numerical modelling of Thermo-Hydraulic-Mechanic-Chemical processes
- Advanced knowledge in COMSOL Multiphysics, OpenGeoSys or similar software
- Good general knowledge of geothermal energy systems
- Skills in interdisciplinary, on-time, goal- and team-oriented work
- High proficiency in German and English
- Willingness to travel within Europe and driving license Category B
Further desirable skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge in reservoir characterization, rock mechanics, petrophysics, geo- and hydrochemistry
- Experience in working in international projects
We offer a professional work environment and support our staff in the acquisition of external funds and provide many opportunities to work with international collaboration partners from academia and industry through our joint research projects and international collaborations. Modern computer and laboratory equipment is provided.
The fulfillment of the duties likewise enables the scientific qualifications of the candidate. Opportunity for further qualification (habilitation) is given.
The Technische Universität Darmstadt intends to increase the number of female employees and encourages female candidates to apply. In case of equal qualifications applicants with a degree of disability of at least 50 or equal will be given preference. Wages and salaries are according to the collective agreements on salary scales, which apply to the Technische Universität Darmstadt (TV-TU Darmstadt). Part-time employment is generally possible.
Applications including a letter of motivation, CV, list of publications including a copy of two relevant scientific publications and contact details of 2 referees should be sent (with a single pdf file) to Mrs. Simone Ross-Krichbaum, Sekretariat Angewandte Geothermie (firstname.lastname@example.org) referring to the Code. No.
For questions, please contact Dr. Kristian Baer (email@example.com) or Dr. Daniel Schulte (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Source: TU Darmstadt