Job: Power Plant Operators – Geothermal, Eastland Generation, NZ
Eastland Generation is looking for geothermal power plant operators for its team in Kawerau, New Zealand.
New Zealand power company Eastland Generation is looking for operators to join its Kawerau-based team, to operate and maintain the company’s two geothermal plants.
Te Ahi O Maui is New Zealand’s first major renewable power plant in nearly four years. It synched to the national grid on 1 October 2018, and is generating around 25 MWe. Geothermal Developments Ltd (GDL), our other geothermal power plant, is generating 8 MWe.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring effective, efficient and safe plant operation.
- Planning, supervision and scheduling of maintenance.
- Maintaining inventory management and certification.
- Always supporting and collaborating with Health & Safety/Risk Management.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Trade qualification (electrical/mechanical preferred).
- ENCHEM Level 4 or above an advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within the electricity generation industry.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- The ability to lead and direct teams.
- Eastland Generation is part of Gisborne-based infrastructure company Eastland Group. Eastland Group’s operations also include Eastland Port, Gisborne Airport and the regional electricity lines company, Eastland Network. The company is actively exploring the opportunities offered by emerging technologies, through our Energy Solutions sector.
Applications Close: 01 Dec 2019
Source: Eastland Careers