Job: Project Geologist, Mighty River Power – New Zealand
Mighty River Power has published a job opening for Project Geologist at its Rotorua Office. Deadline for application is April 7, 2016.
Mighty River Power from New Zealand has announced a job opportunity for a Project Geologist.
This is a great opportunity in the Rotorua Office of Mighty River Power for a Project Geologist. You will report directly to the Geology Manager and you will be responsible for providing technical advice on subsurface processes that impact upon reservoir and asset health. This will involve interpretation and reporting of geothermal resource information for the purpose of:
- long-term resource management; and
- developing, characterising, monitoring, optimising and valuing of Mighty River Power’s geothermal resources; and
- regulatory and contractual compliance; and
- planning and support of well drilling and testing; and
- managing or supporting geology/geochemistry related projects within the Geothermal business unit.
Therefore your ability to work on multiple tasks and achieve deadlines will be key to your success in this role. The Project Geologist will need to be able to work cohesively within a mutli-disciplinary team made up of people with a wide range of backgrounds.
In order to be successful in this role you need:
- A post-graduate degree in Geologic Sciences
- At least 3-5 years experience of working within an earth sciences field
- A good mix of geology and geochemistry skills with a sound understanding of water-rock interaction
- The ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Drilling, field operations and geochemistry experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- A good understanding of budgeting requirements, cost control and contractor management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability act effectively under time-pressure
In return for your experience and enthusiasm, we offer a competitive salary package, with benefits including life and income protection insurance and 5 extra days annual leave. The team in Rotorua is a friendly bunch who have a good work-life balance and enjoy biking and other outdoor activities. If this sounds like a job you can do with a team you can fit in with, apply now!