Job: Project Manager, Dominica geothermal project, Caribbean
Funded under a New Zealand-Dominica partnership, the role for a Project Manager for the Geothermal Project of Dominica in the Caribbean has been advertised.
A job has been posted for the role of a Project Manager for the Dominica Geothermal Company in Dominica, Caribbean. Deadline March 1, 2017!!
This is a unique senior executive role with an international development project in Dominica, Caribbean. The role would be for two years, with possible extension for up to an additional 12 months. The Programme is supported by the Government of New Zealand to the Commonwealth of Dominica.
This proposed geothermal project will be implemented by DGDC under the guidance of external advisors and through the appointment of suitably qualified contractors. This Project Manager will play a key role in the delivery of the project, initially supporting the establishment of the company, whilst concurrently leading project implementation.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who will support the DGDC Project Executive and DGDC staff during the company establishment, and to create an effective working project company with appropriate systems and structure. The Project Manager will also act as one of the key senior officers of DGDC, alongside the CEO, and take the lead when working with technical and other consultants to ensure this project meets good industry practice and international standards.
The Project Manager will be responsible for (among other things):
- The final selection of key project parameters
- Ensuring the project meets local and international environmental and social requirements.
- Supporting the finalisation of project financing.
- Managing the procurement of major goods and services.
- Managing contract award and delivery, including overseeing construction of the power plant and its subsequent commissioning.
- Defining operation and maintenance requirements.
- The successful candidate will be able to clearly demonstrate:
- A Postgraduate qualification in an engineering, construction or scientific discipline.
- Relevant experience working in the volcanic resource geothermal sector.
- Experience managing complex multi-disciplinary projects.
- Experience or knowledge of the New Zealand geothermal sector.
- Experience working and delivering projects in a cross-cultural environments
- Exceptional self-leadership, communication and relationship management skills, with expertise in consultation and facilitation.
- Political sensitivity and strong stakeholder engagement skills.
This important senior level role will appeal if you are interested in being part of a programme that directly contributes to developing the geothermal potential of the Commonwealth of Dominica.
Applications for both roles close: 5:00pm (NZT) on Wednesday 1st March 2017.
Hudson Global Resources has been engaged to manage the process. Please refer all correspondence, queries or requests for more information and a copy of the full Role Descriptions to: Rebecca Wilson, Associate Director, Hudson, Wellington, New Zealand, Office: +64 4 917 9200, DDI: +64 4 917 9270, Cell: +64 21 429 154, Email: email@example.com