Job: Project Manager II – Geothermal Energy, Calpine, The Geysers
Calpine in California is seeking to fill the position of Project Manager - Geothermal Energy. The project manager will be responsible for the scoping, engineering oversight, cost controls and project execution of large capital projects at the Geysers Geothermal field.
Calpine in California has announced a job opening as Project Manager II – Geothermal Energy at its geothermal operations at The Geysers in California.
- Requisition Number: 18-0374
- Title: Project Manager II – Geothermal
- City: Middletown, California
- Job Family: Power Operations
- Shift: Days
- Employee Type: Regular
- Subject to DOT Regulations: 0
- Percent of Travel Required: 0
- Relocation Provided: Yes
- Location: The Geysers, California
The project manager will be responsible for the scoping, engineering oversight, cost controls and project execution of large capital projects at the Geysers Geothermal field. This individual will drive projects from the conception phase through installation, commissioning and project documentation.
Experience with mechanical, electrical or civil project management is essential. Projects could involve our Geothermal power plants, steam field, injection systems or projects to maintain the roads and infrastructure.
This position requires coordination with internal stakeholders to identify project goals and objectives and insure that those goals are met.
The project manager will be directly involved in implementing our safety culture through all phases of the project scope and insuring contractor monitoring is safe and effective.’
Good project cost control skills are essential.
This position also requires the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Although detailed engineering design is usually provided from outside engineering firms on large jobs, it is often necessary to complete engineer designs and drawings for smaller jobs.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, with 7–10 years’ experience.
- Experience with the management of large capital projects involving multiple disciplines.
- Proven track record of providing effective cost tracking and controls for projects $500K to $5M.
- Strong background with safety related culture, procedures and safe guards.
- Strong project management skills to effectively manage – cost, scope and schedules.
- Ability to communicate well and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively with others on the team and with resources not directly under their control.
Calpine is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.