Job: Reservoir Engineer for Calpine in California
The ideal candidate will have had experience in data-driven analytics for reservoir and production optimization.
|Job Family||Commercial Analytics|
|Subject to DOT Regulations||No|
|Percent of Travel Required||0|
|Description||Calpine’s Geothermal Production Analysis group develops views of production trends for the world’s largest operating geothermal field, The Geysers in Northern California. Relying heavily on input from the broader Geysers operations team, the production analysis group builds models to project output from the existing field, analyze the impacts of long-term capital investment options, and optimize near-term production decisions.The Reservoir Engineering will work as part of the Geothermal Production Analysis team in analyzing production and injection data, developing data-management improvement recommendations, conducting reservoir and steam gathering system performance evaluations for optimum field development and building simulation models for field performance studies. The ideal candidate will have had experience in data-driven analytics for reservoir and production optimization. We are particularly interested in individuals who have experience translating the outputs of numerical simulation into field operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
• Reservoir modeling of hydrothermal systems:
|Requirements||• A bachelor or graduate degree in geology, gas/oil/geothermal reservoir engineering or computational/data science from an accredited university is required.
• Analytical/technical skills with a practical approach to problem solving.
• Familiar with data-management systems (e.g. SQL, SQLite, Microsoft SQL server, Microsoft Access, geodatabase etc)
• Familiar with geological and reservoir engineering applications (e.g. GOCAD/SKUA, Petrel, Eclipse, VIP, Tetrad, STAR, TOUGH2, etc)
• Experience in programming languages (e.g. Fortran, C\C++, Python, etc)
• Comfortable operating in a data-intense environment.
• Familiar with the IT/IS aspects of reservoir modeling; skilled with commercially available reservoir modeling applications and/or proprietary model development.
|CLICK HERE TO||Apply On-line|
Source: Press Release by Calpine