Job: Senior Project Manager – Geothermal Development, Wairakei, New Zealand
Contact Energy is seeking to fill the position of Senior Project Manager - Geothermal Development for its operations in Wairakei, Taupo.
Contact Energy in New Zealand is seeking to fill the position of Senior Project Manager – Geothermal Development at its operations in Wairakei, Taupo.
The company’s purpose is to put its energy where it matters and to decarbonise the New Zealand energy sector.
Contact Energy is New Zealand’s leading geothermal electricity generator, owning and operating six existing geothermal power stations whilst holding consents for a further 250 MW of generation on the Tauhara field. The company also has looming key decisions to make on the future of the Wairakei Geothermal Field where resource consents expire in 2026, so it is not short of exciting, market leading renewable projects.
What you’ll do
You’ll be the Project Manager of Contact’s scope of works for the Tauhara Power Station comprising of above ground geothermal steamfield facilities and ancillary requirements around the Power Station. This Fixed Term position will cover the Contact Energy scope of work for the Tauhara Project, the scale of which is expected to be greater than $50 million dollars.
- Lead the implementation and effectively deliver Contacts scope of work
- Coordinate, direct and motivate your team and contractors to achieve industry best practice safety outcomes across the project.
- Work under the agreed contracting strategy, manage all activities from scoping and design management through to construction and commissioning, ensuring quality project delivery within required timeframes
- Ensure all works integrate with key project interfaces and meets all contractual delivery dates.
- Delivery of project financial control, ensuring benefits are delivered within the agreed project budget.
- Support the Programme Manager – Tauhara with internal and external stakeholder relationships to ensure the project proceeds without unsolicited intervention.
- Identify and create opportunities for community and hapu participation in the project.
What you’ll bring for success
- Relevant degree in engineering or equivalent qualifications and appropriate professional registration
- Large scale, extensive project management experience in a complex environment
- Experience in engineering design and construction management in the power generation and ideally geothermal sector
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including strengths in influencing, conflict management and negotiation
- Renowned communicator with the ability to clearly convey complex information to a variety of audiences both verbally and written
- Experience in successfully leading teams of technical project/programme professionals with a keen interest in developing people
- Skilled at identifying and recommending cost efficient solutions and in the effective resolution of complex issues and problems
- Curiosity and comfort in working ‘in the grey’
- High energy and ability to motivate others and keep things on track in a pressured environment.
This is a business critical role, as a result Contact Energy reserves the right to appoint a successful candidate prior to this ad closing.
If you are interested in this role please don’t delay – apply now! we would love to hear from you, should you require further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Contact Energy