Job: Site Manager – geothermal drilling exploration program PT SMI, Indonesia
For its Project Management Unit (PMU of the new government-sponsored drilling exploration program by the Indonesian government and World Bank, PT SMI is seeking applications for the position of Site Manager.
The Government of Indonesia is in the process of preparing a government-sponsored drilling exploration program in partnership with the World bank under the Global Geothermal Energy Development Project. PT Sarana Multi Infrastruktur (PT SMI) has been appointed program implementer by the Minister of Finance of the Republic of Indonesia.
From the technical side, the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (DG EBTKE and Geological Agency) will play an active role in this program. The project will be funded by the Clean Technology Fund (CTF) and the Global Environmental Facility (GEF) managed by the Geothermal Infrastructure Financing Sector managed by PT SMI.
PT SMI will establish a project management unit (PMU) based in Jakarta to assist implementing agencies in project implementation. To support this project and to build the organization, PT SMI invites candidates with relevant background, experience, and educational competencies to join the PMU team with the position of Site Manager.
The Site Manager position will report to Exploration Project Manager based in Jakarta and will be responsible for performing its duties:
- Overall, the manager responsible for the project location is related to Safety, Environmental Issues, Government Relations, Public Relations, Industrial Relations and other external relationships required.
- Responsible for the management of project site support services including accommodation, field procurement, transportation, communications, security, administration and financial services.
- Responsible for the maintenance of project site support services, well pad and road access, which are currently not occupied by drilling contractors, with the support of civil construction supervisory teams.
- Supervise the construction process and be responsible for the construction and camp management. drilling workers, with the support of the contractor’s location representative.
- Responsible for warehouse management in SMI’s storage area of materials and equipment
- Implementation of SMI safety, health and environmental policies and Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP).
- As Head of Geothermal Engineering Legally responsible for project location during drilling and reporting to EBTKE. The project site manager must complete the course immediately after appointment if he has not already done so.
- Establish and operate a Community Complaints Handling System, and, in particular, act as the first contact to the complaining or problematic community and for the subsequent resolution of the matter.
- Act as the first contact for the recruitment of local staff on behalf of the SMI or any project contractor.
- Preparation, related to the Exploration Management Team, Traffic Management Plan, and subsequent operations of the plan in coordination with the local police.
- Overseeing and supervising project (or package) directions, ensuring that project specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and linkage with quantity surveyors to monitor costs.
- Related to PMU, other construction professionals and, occasionally, community members (MEMR and Local Government).
- Coordinate and supervise construction workers.
- Make safety inspections and ensure construction and project site security.
Qualifications and Experience needed
- Undergraduate degrees from reputable universities with various engineering studies are welcome to apply, having a Master’s degree will be a plus.
- Educational background from geothermal and / or oil and gas will be better.
- Minimum 15 (fifteen) years experience in the relevant geothermal and oil / gas field or project. The experience of geothermal and / or oil and gas drilling is better.
- Having a certificate of “Geothermal Engineering Head” will certainly be an advantage.
- Having a Geothermal Operations Supervisor certification or “Geothermal Operations Supervisor” is better.
- Having relevant certificate courses covering, surveying and civil engineering, engineering construction management, geothermal and / or oil and gas drilling management will be an advantage.
- The skills of very powerful people, able to communicate with, manage and motivate people at all levels, from staff to subcontractors.
- Experience in coordinating multidisciplinary activities and in intercultural environments.
- Able to plan the job well, and well organized, and ready to be responsible and decision making.
- In common with many other construction industry jobs, project managers must also be very calculating with good IT skills, as well as problem solving issues well.
- Excellent reading, speaking and writing skills English and English, and producing reports in English and Bahasa for regular and continuous presentations to World Bank staff.
- Competent computer literacy, including Word and Excel.
Please note that the application may not be reviewed if accepted after 28 February 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in the next step.
National consultants are encouraged to submit resumes in the language.
Prospective applicants can send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by writing the position of the positions that are proposed as the subject of email.
Source: Aceh Jobs