Nevada Geothermal completes successful production well drilling
Nevada Geothermal Power Inc. completes successful production well drilling for Blue Mountain 'Faulkner 1' geothermal power plant.
Nevada Geothermal Power just announced today, “that production drilling is complete for the Blue Mountain ‘Faulkner 1’, 49.5 MW (gross) binary cycle geothermal power plant. The latest three production wells (14-14, 15-14 and 17-14) based on initial testing, have similar production capacities (7.0 – 7.5 MW (net) each) to the original three wells (23-14, 25-14 and 26A-14).
NGP has two completed injector wells (58-15 and 58A-15) and is currently drilling two additional injector wells (57-15 and 61-22).
The power plant construction under the fixed price, date certain Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) contract with Ormat Inc., a subsidiary of Ormat Technologies Inc. (NYES:ORA), has made great strides over the last six weeks, and NGP is delighted to provide you with the following status report:
- Control, administration and maintenance building nearing completion;
- Vaporizers, diffusers, and condensers are installed;
- Three generators delivered and installed on foundations;
- Cooling tower frame erection commenced;
- Ormat to deliver first set of power turbines by the end of March;
- Switchyard structure has advanced to construction;
- ‘Faulkner 1’ substation construction commenced;
- Wilson Utility has commenced construction of the 21-mile power transmission line (T-line) that connects the ‘Faulkner 1’ T-line to the NV Energy switching station at Mill City with completion expected at the end of May 2009.”
Source: Company announcement via Fox Business.