Preliminary schedule for 42nd Stanford Geothermal Workshop, Feb. 13-15, 2017
The preliminary schedule released for the 42nd Stanford Geothermal Workshop promises an extensive and wide reach of topics related to geothermal reservoirs being presented. The event will take place February 13-15, 2017.
The Preliminary schedule for the 42nd Stanford Geothermal Workshop has been released. The event will take place at Stanford University in California, February 13-15, 2017.
With papers on the following topics, the workshop will highlight recent research relating to geothermal reservoirs:
- Case Studies: reservoir response to production, effects of injection, scaling characteristics
- Enhanced Geothermal Systems (EGS): current and future activities
- Engineering Techniques: reservoir simulation, empirical methods, well tests, tracers
- Field Management: strategies for exploitation, injection, scale inhibition
- Exploration: geophysics, geochemistry, geology, heat flow studies, outflows
- Drilling and Well Bore Flows: well stimulation, bore flow modelling, hydro-fracturing, scaling
- Low Enthalpy Systems: applications of heat pumps, hot dry rock technology
- Geosciences: application of geophysics, geochemistry, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics.
Around 240 papers are on the schedule to be presented, so there will be something for everyone.
Stanford Geothermal Workshop 2017: Preliminary Schedule