Registration now open for Stanford Geothermal Workshop, 11-13 Feb. 2019
The Stanford Geothermal Workshop to be held in Stanford, California 11-13 February 2019 has opened registration.
The Stanford Geothermal Workshop taking place 11-13 February 2019 has opened registration.
The established workshop brings together engineers, scientists and managers involved in geothermal reservoir studies and developments; provide a forum for the exchange of ideas on the exploration, development and use of geothermal resources; and to enable prompt and open reporting of progress. We strongly encourage all scientists and engineers involved in geothermal reservoir technology to attend the workshop.
Topics of the workshop are mostly related to geothermal reservoirs:
- Case Studies: reservoir response to production, effects of injection, scaling characteristics
- Enhanced Geothermal Systems (EGS): current and future activities
- Engineering Techniques: reservoir simulation, empirical methods, well tests, tracers
- Field Management: strategies for exploitation, injection, scale inhibition
- Exploration: geophysics, geochemistry, geology, heat flow studies, outflows
- Drilling and Well Bore Flows: well stimulation, bore flow modeling, hydro-fracturing, scaling
- Low Enthalpy Systems: applications of heat pumps, hot dry rock technology
- Geosciences: application of geophysics, geochemistry, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics.