Request for EOI: Training in Geothermal drilling operations for GDC, Kenya
Geothermal Development Company (GDC) in Kenya is seeking Expressions of Interest for consultancy services for a training needs assessment for geothermal drilling operations.
Under funding from the Nordic Development Fund (NDF), Geothermal Development Company in Kenya is seeking expressions of interest for consultancy services for a training needs assessment for geothermal drilling operations.
- EOI No: GDC/CPS/EOI/024/2015/2016
- Grant No. NDF C41
- Project: Geothermal capacity development
- Client: Geothermal Development Company Limited
- Country: Kenya
The Government of Kenya has been allocated grant funds (the “Grant”) from the Nordic Development Fund (the “Bank”) toward the cost of Geothermal Capacity Development. The Geothermal Development Company Limited (“GDC” or the “Client”), being the Project Implementing Agency, intends to apply the funds to eligible payments under the Contract for which this Request for Expressions of Interest is issued. The Client now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the consulting services (hereinafter called “Services”): Consultancy Services for a Training Needs Assessment for Geothermal Drilling Operations.
Scope of Work 1.
The services included under this project are:
- Analysis and review of roles and responsibilities of the entire drilling team
- Review of the safety measures in place at the work place.
- Conduct a Training Needs Assessment
- Preparation of a Detailed Training Proposal The following groups of GDC personnel will likely need to be trained and should therefore be considered by the Consultant:
- Drilling and Cementing Engineers
- Directional Drilling Engineers
- Drilling and Cementing Technicians
- Derrick staff
- Compressor operators
- Rig Floor staff
- Crane operators
- Camp management staff
- Project officers
The Consultant shall identify any deviations in GDC’s drilling operations from standard norms
and procedures based on international best practice, and recommend appropriate training to
address the deviation. In doing so, the Consultant shall inter alia consider the following aspects:
- Efficiency in the staffs’ work;
- Existing and planned equipment to be used for the work;
- Realistic budgets as per information provided by GDC management;
- Occupational Health and Safety issues;
- Recommended working hours and shifts (which should be in line with International Labour Standards (ILS)and , Kenyan labour laws.
The Project is expected to commence in June 2016 and the estimated implementation period is two (2) months.
Status of Selection Process
Interested firms or groups of firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest. Budget The maximum budget available for this assignment is EUR 88,400.
Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms with at least:
- Experience in international geothermal development;
- Experience in similar assignments;
- Experience in working in Eastern Africa.
The Consultant’s team is expected to include the following key experts:
i) Project Manager ii) Drilling Expert iii) Health and Safety Expert iv) Human Resources Expert Submission requirements
The following information shall be submitted in order to evaluate the qualification of the Consultant:
1. Company profile, organization and staffing (max. 3 pages); 2. List with details of previous experience from similar assignments over the last 5 years including project location, staffing, main objectives and activities, duration etc. 3. CVs of key experts who would be available for the assignment. The above information must not exceed 10 pages excluding CVs .
Interested consultants may obtain further information in writing at the address below from 0800 hours to 1630 Hours during week days.
Manager, Supply Chain
Geothermal Development Company Limited
Kawi House, South C Bellevue, Off Mombasa Road Red Cross Road
P. O. Box 100746-00101 Nairobi, Kenya
email@example.com and; Copied to: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Interested consultants should submit One (1) Original and three (3) Copies, of Expressions of Interest in English and in a sealed envelope, clearly marked “- Expressions of Interest for Consultancy Services for Provision of Training Needs Assessment for Geothermal Drilling Operations GDC/CPS/EOI/024/2015-2016” addressed to: The Managing Director & CEO, Geothermal Development Company Limited, Kawi House, South C Bellevue ,Off Mombasa Road, P.O. Box 100746 – 00101 NAIROBI, KENYA
Source: Nordic Development Fund (pdf)