News

Schlumberger-Bauer Joint Venture on manufacturing of land drilling rigs expanding capacity

Drilling rig (source: NeoRig website, screenshot)
Alexander Richter 30 Jul 2018

NeoRig - a joint venture of Schlumberger and German Bauer Maschinen GmbH - is expanding its development and manufacturing facilities for land drilling rigs and associated products.

A recent article published in the U.S. reports on the expansion of the manufacturing facilities of NeoRig, a joint venture between Schlumberger Ltd and Bauer Maschinen GmbH.

The joint venture was announced in December 2015, with the announcement on joint work on manufacturing land drilling rigs and associated products. The agreement called for Bauer owning 51 percent of the JV and Schlumberger owning the other 49 percent.

The joint venture of NeoRig, develops and manufactures land drilling rigs and associated rig equipment for use in the oil, gas and geothermal sectors for Schlumberger and other third parties.

The company has now completed an expansion of its about 80-acre campus in Conroe, Texas. The expansion added 57,024 square feet and doubled the amount of assembly space at NeoRig’s campus, according to a press release. The campus includes 250,000 square feet of manufacturing, finishing and warehouse facilities plus more than 500,000 square feet of research and development space.

Source: Business Journal