Short Course – Geothermal Well Test Analysis, 21-22 Nov. 2019, Auckland, NZ
In conjunction with the New Zealand Geothermal Workshop 2019 in Auckland, New Zealand, a short course will be held on Geothermal Well Test Analysis - Fundamentals, Applications and Advanced Techniques. 21-22 November 2019.
As part of this year’s New Zealand Geothermal Workshop 25-27 November 2019 at the University of Auckland in New Zelaand, there is a short course offered on “Geothermal Well Test Analysis”, 21-22 November 2019 in Auckland, New Zealand.
The two-day short course will feature the following:
- Introduction to Geothermal Energy and Types of Geothermal Systems,
- Geothermal Wells, Drilling and Completion
- Introduction to Pressure-transient Analysis
- Advanced Analytical Pressure-transient Analysis
- Completion and output testing
- Downhole tools and other Practical Considerations
- Numerical pressure-transient analysis Modelling framework
- Operation and Management of Geothermal Wells
Course requirement: Participants must bring with them their own laptop.
Course attendees will receive a complimentary hard copy of the book: Geothermal Well Test Analysis: Fundamentals, Applications and Advanced Techniques – we reported on the book when it was released.
Presenters: Sadiq J. Zarrouk (University of Auckland), Katie McLean (Contact Energy Ltd.)
Cost: NZ$1,500 (ca. USD 960)
Details and registration here.