Tender: Rwanda calls for expressions of Interests for holding geothermal workshop
The Government of Rwanda is calling for expressions of interest for holding a "Experienced Geothermal Experts Validation Workshop" to be held in Kigali, Rwanda.
In an International Request for Expressions of Interest, the government of Rwanda is looking for offers on holding a “Experienced Geothermal Experts Validation Workshop”.
The workshop will be attended by invited and interested investors, representatives of funding agencies, renowned geothermal exploration and development institutions, board of consultants and invited experts.
The workshop will review all available data to ascertain its quality and quantity, verify the interpreted models and suggest alternative interpretations, determine the viability of the geothermal resource, establish a preliminary conceptual model of the geothermal system, if a viable geothermal resource exists, locate exploration drilling sites, rank the geothermal sites, determine the most sustainable and cost effective development plan for the geothermal resources, determine alternative uses of geothermal energy
Location and Derivable Time-Frame
The assignment is expected to initially be undertaken in not more than 4 working days. The successful individual consultants will sign a contract for a period of 4 working days.
The Individual Consultants shall be based in Kigali for most of the duration of the assignment. The consultant shall report to the EWSA Energy Development Director or his designated representative.
Key Qualifications/ experience/ competencies/ knowledge
- Shall have practical experience of not less than 5 years in geothermal development with specific experience in geothermal development including planning and drilling activities;
- A professional degree in the subject of his expertise from a recognized University;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English;
- Have had professional experience in a broad variety of geographic settings and countries, including developing proven consulting in geothermal development in countries in high temperature geothermal fields;
- Be recognized as an expert in his field through such things as publications, memberships in appropriate professional societies, or honors and awards received for works;
- Having participated in previously organized workshop in February 2010, the will be an added advantage.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below at or before 10 :00 hours local time and on 18/01/2012 Electronic bidding will not be permitted. EOI will be opened at the address below at 10: 10 hours local time on same date.
Qualified individual consultants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and supporting certificates and documents, two references with addresses and phone numbers, as well as a letter of motivation to the address:
Interested individual consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 08:00 to 17:00 hours:
ENERGY WATER AND SANITATION AUTHORITY
Rue du Lac Ihema
P.O.B 537 Kigali, Rwanda
Tel.: (250) 573666
Fax. (250) 573802
Source: DG Market with tender details (Attention it is now the correct link now)