Webinar – Tackling environmental concerns on geothermal deployment, 16 May 2019
The EU-funded GEOENVI project is organising the first GEOENVI webinar on May 16th at 10:30 - 12:00 (CET) on Tackling the environmental concerns for deploying geothermal energy in Europe.
The EU-funded GEOENVI project is organising the first GEOENVI webinar on May 16th at 10:30 – 12:00 (CET) on Tackling the environmental concerns for deploying geothermal energy in Europe.
The objective of the GEOENVI project is to answer environmental concerns in terms of both impacts and risks, by first setting an adapted methodology for assessing environment impacts to the project developers, and by assessing the environmental impacts and risks of geothermal projects operational or in development in Europe.
The GEOENVI project has the objective to make sure that deep geothermal energy can play its role in Europe’s future energy supply in an increasingly sustainable way and to create a robust strategy to answer environmental concerns. It will engage with all geothermal stakeholders to ensure the exchange of best practices, the test of harmonized methods in selected areas and then, to facilitate its replication across Europe. The project is funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and coordinated by EGEC. More on: www.geoenvi.eu
This webinar will present the preliminary results of the GEOENVI project, which is working since November 2018. It will also be open to inputs and questions by participants, which are welcome to provide their perspective or comment on the methodology of the project.
- 10:30 – 10:40 – Presentation GEOENVI project
- 10:40 – 10:55 – Map environmental matters for deep geothermal
- 10:55 – 11:05 – Q&A about environmental matters
- 11:05 – 11:20 – Harmonized methodology for an environmental impact assessment, with a life-cycle perspective, of deep geothermal systems
- 11:20 – 11:30 – Q&A about a life-cycle environmental assessment for deep geothermal systems
- 11:30 – 11:40 – Recommendations on environmental regulations
- 11:40 – 11:50 – How Geothermal market actors could implement GEOENVI tools
- 11:50 – 12:00 – Q&A session
Source: GEOENVI email