Winners of the 1st Geothermal Student Essay Competition on Geothermal
The Pacific Center for Geothermal Education & Research at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada has announced the international winners of its first Student Essay Competition on Geothermal Energy.
The Pacific Center for Geothermal Education & Research at the University of British Columbia in Canada has announced the winners of its first Geothermal Student Essay Competition.
“Only two essays satisfied all seven criteria and were deemed of merit to win full awards. Two honorary awards were granted for essays worthy of consideration. Two additional awards were granted in appreciation for the students’ participation. The results from the judging committee are as follows:
Full Award Recipients:
- 1st Prize Winner (CAN $2,500): Nathaniel Lindsey, University of Edinburgh
- 2nd Prize Winner (CAN $1,500): Michael Fang, University of British Columbia
Honorary Prize Winners ($150 Gift Certificate)
- Juan Garcia, University of British Columbia
- Sarah Thomson, University of British Columbia
Participation Prize ($50 Gift Certificate) Recipients:
- Mauricio Vaccaro, University of Pisa
- Nasim Arianpoo, University of British Columbia
Congratulation to the team that put this together. As an industry we need efforts like this and to connect with the bright young minds that will shape our industry in the future.
It would be great getting the winning essays and publish them on ThinkGeoEnergy.com … so Lena, make sure to be in touch. 😉