World Bank EOI: consulting on drilling planning for Ngozi project, Tanzania
The World Bank has issued a request for expression of interest for Capacity building for the Tanzania Geothermal Development Company, consulting services on drilling planning for the Ngozi Exploration Drilling project.
The World Bank has issued a request for expression of interest
- Assignment title: Capacity Building for Tanzania Geothermal Development Company: Consulting Services on Drilling Planning for the Ngozi Exploration Drilling Project
- Deadline: 21 March 2016 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
- Assignment country: TZ- Tanzania
- Funding sources: The World Bank Group intends to finance the assignment/services under: BB BANK BUDGET TF013201 Global Geothermal Development Plan
- Individual/ firm: The consultant will be a firm.
Selection for Consultants by the World Bank Group
Electronic Submissions through World Bank Group eConsultant2 https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html
- Assignment Title: 1214335 Capacity Building for Tanzania Geothermal Development Company: Consulting Services on Drilling Planning for the Ngozi Exploration Drilling Project
- Assignment Countries: Tanzania
The overall objective of this consultancy is to assist TGDC in preparing for geothermal exploration drilling in the Ngozi area in SW Tanzania.
The specific objectives are
i) to present best practices to TGDC for the definition of the project contracting and management structure and
ii) to present best practices to TGDC on the preparation of specific documents needed for the procurement of consultants and service providers to carry out the exploration drilling project.
During the implementation of this assignment, the Consultant will also provide training to the staff of TGDC in aspects related to (i) structuring of geothermal exploration drilling contracts, (ii) planning of geothermal exploration drilling projects, (iii) procurement of consultants and service providers for geothermal exploration drilling and present best practices for costing and financial aspects of the geothermal exploration drilling program.
The World Bank intends to finance the assignment / services described below under the following trust fund(s): BANK BUDGET
Global Geothermal Development Plan
Eligibility restrictions apply: [Please type list of restrictions]
Individual/ firm profile
The consultant will be a firm.
The World Bank now invites eligible firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc. for firms; CV and cover letter for individuals). Please note that the total size of all attachments should be less than 5MB. Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
Interested firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Expressions of Interest should be submitted, in English, electronically through World Bank Group eTendering (https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html). Expressions of Interest submitted should not exceed 20 pages in total.
Following this invitation for Expression of Interest, a shortlist of qualified firms will be formally invited to submit proposals. Shortlisting and selection will be subject to the availability of funding.
- Extensive experience of the Consultant in planning and managing geothermal drilling projects *
- Practical experience and academic training of key experts in relevant fields *
- Practical experience in capacity building related to planning and managing geothermal exploration drilling projects
- Working experience in Tanzania and East Africa is an advantage
Source: WB_REOI_DrillingPlanning_TGDC_Tanzania (pdf)