World Bank EOI: consulting on environmental/ social safeguards for Ngozi project, Tanzania
The World Bank has issued a request for expressions of interest for Capacity Building for Tanzania Geothermal Development Company: Consulting Services on Environmental and Social Safeguards for the Ngozi Exploration Drilling Project.
The World Bank has issued a request for expression of interest for Capacity Building for Tanzania Geothermal Development Company: Consulting Services on Environmental and Social Safeguards for the Ngozi Exploration Drilling Project.
Deadline is 21 March 2016 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.)
- Assignment country: TZ – Tanzania
- Funding sources: The World Bank Group intends to finance the assignment/services under TF013201 Global Geothermal Development Plan BB
- Individual/ firm: The consultant will be a firm.
Selection for consultants by the World Bank group request for Expressions of Interest
Electronic Submissions through World Bank Group eConsultant2 https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html
- Assignment Title: 1214143 Capacity Building for Tanzania Geothermal Development Company: Consulting Services on Environmental and Social Safeguards for the Ngozi Exploration Drilling Project
- Assignment Countries: Tanzania
The overall objective of this consultancy is to provide Tanzania Geothermal Development Company (TGDC) with best practices in preparing of environmental and social safeguard documentation for the geothermal exploration drilling in Ngozi, SW Tanzania. During the implementation of this assignment, the consultant will also have as a primary objective of training the staff at TGDC in aspects related to environmental and social safeguards for geothermal exploration drilling.
The consultant is to:
Review conditionally approved ToR for ESIA and ensure compatibility with World Bank safeguard policies Assess the capacity of TGDCs safeguards team to carry out the ESIA and prepare the ESMP and RAP Provide training in ESIA work and preparation of ESMP and RAP
Review and quality assurance of the ESIA and ESMP
The World Bank intends to finance the assignment / services described below under the following trust fund(s): Global Geothermal Development Plan
Eligibility restrictions apply: [Please type list of restrictions]
Individual/ firm profile: The consultant will be a firm.
The World Bank now invites eligible firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc. for firms; CV and cover letter for individuals). Please note that the total size of all attachments should be less than 5MB. Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
Interested firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Expressions of Interest should be submitted, in English, electronically through World Bank Group eTendering (https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html). Expressions of Interest submitted should not exceed 20 pages.
Following this invitation for Expression of Interest, a shortlist of qualified firms will be formally invited to submit proposals. Shortlisting and selection will be subject to the availability of funding.
- A team of keyexperts with extensive experience (>10 years) in preparation of environmental and social safeguards for geothermal drilling projects. *
- Demonstrable familiarity with the application of World Bank Environmental and Social Safeguards Policies.
- Significant experience in capacity building related to social and environmental safeguards in geothermal projects.
- Project experience in Tanzania is an advantage.
Source: WB_REOI_Safeguards_TGDC_Tanzania (pdf)