World Bank Global Geothermal Development Plan Session, IGC – April 26, 2018
The World Bank will hold a special session on its Global Geothermal Development Plan with presentations on its different projects in Indonesia, Turkey, Dominica, Nicaragua and Kenya at the upcoming Iceland Geothermal Conference in Reykjavik, Iceland - April 26, 2018.
The World Bank will hold a specific session on its Global Geothermal Development Plan launched 5 years ago in Iceland.
The Session will be held in conjunction with the Iceland Geothermal Congress on April 26, 2018 in the Harpa Conference Center in Reykjavik, Iceland
IGC2018, HARPA, RIMA HALL, 13:30 – 15:30, APRIL 26, 2018
The Moderator for the session will be Almudena Mateos Merino – Senior Energy Specialist, The World Bank
Introduction to the Global Geothermal Development Plan (GGDP) by Thrainn Fridriksson, Geothermal Energy Specialist, The World Bank
Country Experiences of the GGDP
- Indonesia – Darwin Trisna Djajawinata, Project Development and Advisory Director at PT SMI
- Turkey – Ruken Öztekin, TKB and TBC, TSKB
- Dominica – Dr. Vince Henderson, LP.D, Commonwealth of Dominica Ambassador to the US and OAS – to be confirmed
- Nicaragua – Gioconda Guevara, Director of Energy and Policy at ENEL
- Kenya – John Omenge, Ministry of Energy and Petroleum
Special session on Gender and Geothermal by Ellen Morris, Consultant to the World Bank
Closing Remarks, by María Erla Marelsdóttir, Director for International Development, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iceland
Source: Iceland Geothermal Conference