Enel Green Power is seeking to fill the position of an Environmental Permitting Specialist – Geothermal, Solar, and Wind at its offices in San Diego, California.
This position is primarily responsible to provide support services on environmental and land use permitting issues within the Business Development, Engineering and Construction and Operations & Maintenance organizations in the areas of; air emissions, water quality, geothermal production and injection wells, wildlife, habitat and noxious weeds, cultural resources, wetland resources, glare, obstruction analysis and issues related to site specific permits. Activities will be at Geothermal, Solar, Wind and hydroelectric facilities with occasional duties for battery storage.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Perform tasks associated with environmental greenfield and operating sites permitting activities and document the same via required system tools.
- Gather relevant desk top and field data as required and/or as appropriate in order to analyze land use and environmental impacts of a project and prepare permit applications.
- Interpret and determine relevant environmental regulations for renewable energy projects based on in-depth existing regulatory process knowledge, review of web based information or discussions with agency personnel.
- Negotiate permit requirements on behalf of EGPNA and represent EGPNA on permitting matters in the environmental technologies listed above with regulatory agencies and stakeholders with manager support.
- May assist in environmental due diligence activities in the environmental areas listed above for potential asset acquisition and merger or potential sale, including but not limited to the review of existing data room information and interaction with seller counter parts. Providing information to potential buyers of projects and respond to environmental inquiries from banks and other possible equity partners related to project financing activities. Prepare analytical reports on due diligence activities and environmental costs with support from manager.
- Develop permit matrices in the environmental areas listed above to provide implementation guidance on permit matters to E&C, O&M and HSEQ.
- Develop and perform training of relevant environmental matters to internal stakeholders as required. For E&C projects assist in the environmental portion of alignment meetings and attend monthly meetings as necessary to provide additional training support.
- Assure the development of the appropriate documentation related to environmental permits and permit conditions and store the same in the required document storage area. Track and compile construction contractor permits, as necessary.
- Support policy and procedures pertaining to EGPNA in the environmental areas listed above.
- Assist in environmental audit observations as requested by HSEQ.
- Develop and maintain environmental activity project schedules and manage to the established budgeted costs.
- Oversee contact agreements of existing or potential environmental contractors or suppliers in order to expedite the delivery of compliance services and purchased materials.
- Represent EGPNA in industry work groups and serve as a liaison with various stakeholders and regulatory agencies as requested by manager.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Environmental Field or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Strong analytical skills
- 30-50% travel required
- Detailed knowledge of environmental requirements
- Negotiation and verbal communication skills.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Strong writing skills for complex project reports and regulatory agency submittals
- Audit skills with the ability to reach mutually agreeable solutions
- Proficiency in WORD, Excel and SAP software.
- Microsoft project skills desirable.
Physical demands are in excess of those in sedentary work. Usually requires standing and walking to a significant degree. May exert up to 20 lbs occasionally and 10 lbs frequently.