GNS Science is seeking an experienced hydrothermal geochemist to undertake research, experimental and commercial studies in the field of geothermal chemistry.
In this role, you will undertake various research and commercial projects including but not limited to:
- Geothermal reservoir chemistry
- Water/rock interaction
- Experimental geochemistry
- Research on super critical fluids
- Contribution to the GNS geothermal science research programmes
- Development of research and commercial proposals
- Writing of results in peer review journal and consultancy client reports
We are seeking a person with substantial experience and expertise in the field of geothermal chemistry to be part of our growing geothermal geochemistry group at GNS Science, based in Wairakei, Taupo.
The position offers an attractive opportunity to play a key role in research and commercial work both within New Zealand and offshore. The current skills of the geothermal geochemistry team at GNS Science are seen as complementary to this position ensuring flexibility and room for growth.
Candidates will show flexibility, innovation and a commitment to quality. People skills, teamwork, and the ability to approach and interact with a range of people are also a must.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Ph.D. in chemistry or the Earth Sciences with an emphasis on the chemistry of hydrothermal systems
- An understanding of, or prior experience working on, geothermal systems
- Has computing skills commensurate with the position such as chemical thermodynamic modelling
- Previous experience in the geothermal industry
- A working knowledge of various isotope systematics and gas chemistry
Applications close: February 16 2020
Interested applicants may submit their applications through this link.
Source: GNS Science