In a job announcement BWP is seeking a Project Development Manager Geothermal for an international power producer and project developer working in both conventional and renewable energy generation. The company is actively globally with a large portfolio of assets and active pipeline. The company is working with the European subsidiary who is developing multiple geothermal projects in Germany and West Europe.
For the European business developing geothermal power plants our client is looking for a Project Development Manager – Geothermal who will be responsible for
- Supporting existing projects in the field of deep geothermal engineering
- Actively participate in the expansion of the business area with new projects to be developed
- From the project planning phase to the completion of the power plant, you will be responsible for the entire project process
- Estimate technical project risks and to work out solutions to minimize them. In addition to working on technical issues, you will maintain a close dialogue with plant manufacturers, geology institutions and authorities as part of your work
- M.Sc./ degree in mechanical engineering or have a degree in geology
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in power plant engineering working on development of projects and have an understanding of the techno-commercial relationships of a project
- Geothermal project experience is an advantage however thermal power or other renewable energy project development experience will be considered
- The role requires a high willingness to travel
- You must speak fluent English and German
- Proficient in modern PC programs
The role will be based in Munich, Germany and work on projects primarily in Germany but also elsewhere in Europe.
Source: Beresford Wilson & Partners, via LinkedIn