The Geothermal Science and Technology group (Prof. Dr. Ingo Sass) at the Department of Materials and Geosciences of Technische Universität Darmstadt invites applications for the position of a Researcher for a 75% position.
The vacancy is part of the EU-NW INTERREG DGE-Rollout program funded until October 2022.
The goal of the project is to develop a numerical representation of crystalline reservoirs to model enhanced geothermal systems (EGS) and underground thermal energy storage (UTES). This will be developed from outcrop analog datasets, such as terrestrial laser scanning or photogrammetry of the target areas, sampling and lab measurements of rock and fracture properties, via data processing and modeling to all-encompassing models, which will be benchmarked against artificial and real models and analogs.
As such, your duties include:
- Build 3D models of fractured geothermal reservoirs including the inputs from geophysical and structural field datasets (fracture network distribution, fracture network properties, petrophysical properties)
- Perform parameter sensitivity studies of the models
- Publication of research results in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Present results in front of a scientific audience
- Experience in geophysical data interpretation for reservoir models (seismic methods, electric resistivity, georadar, gravimetry, TLS integration)
- Experience in fractured reservoir modeling (DFN, structural, reservoir flow modeling software)
- Experience in mechanical modeling
- Knowledge of structural geology and reservoir engineering
- University degree (Dipl. Univ./Master) in Applied Geology or Geophysics or related fields
- High proficiency in German and/or English
Further desirable soft skills and qualifications:
- Experience and/or willingness to work in cooperative scientific teams
- Skills in interdisciplinary, on-time, goal- and team-oriented work
- Extended knowledge of reservoir systems in geothermal contexts
- Knowledge of THM (Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical) modeling at the reservoir scale
The fulfillment of the duties likewise enables the scientific qualifications of the candidate.
The Technische Universität Darmstadt intends to increase the number of female employees and encourages female candidates to apply. In case of equal qualifications applicants with a degree of disability of at least 50 or equal will be given preference. Wages and salaries are according to the collective agreements on salary scales, which apply to the Technische Universität Darmstadt (TV-TU Darmstadt).
Please send your application including a letter of motivation, a CV, and relevant certificates (all in one single pdf file) to Mrs. Simone Ross-Krichbaum, Sekretariat Angewandte Geothermie (email@example.com) referring to DGE-Rollout and the given Code-No.
Please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Claire Bossennec (firstname.lastname@example.org), +49 1520 34-76860, or Jeroen van der Vaart (Jeroen.Vaart@tu-darmstadt.de), +49 6151 16-22398 if you have any further questions.
Source: TU Darmstadt